Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Ford Focus and Ford

tazzman600

As the title states it was time today to say a fond farewell to my beloved mk3 Titanium X focus diesel because I've gone to petrol as my mileage has taken a dramatic dive.

I was thinking about the 1.5 ecoboost but after a long test drive in a 3 month old ST the 1.5 idea was shelved. The ST was truly awesome but I've not gone for it coz I know I'd be losing my licence. I even had a drive in the Infiniti Q70 hybrid. What a beast and an ST beater so that was dropped.

I've left Ford for a superb top of the range fully loaded Lexus IS300H. The constant velocity transmission will get some getting used to but what a great smooth car it is.

Thanks to those of you who have offered advice when asked and I bid you all well.

I will pop by now and then. Toodlepip

• Like 3

Sorry to see you go fella, but its been a blast, enjoy the lexus! :)

Thanks jeebo. You're a guddun.

Just as I am starting to find more time to put back to the forums, seems you guys are leaving... Do  I carry a scent? :p

• Like 4

Good luck with the lexus Vlad.

Thanks Joss. The Lexus is a stunning drive and the Mark Levinson audio system is phenomenal.

Excellent choice of upgrade 👍

The previous owner got the top spec car with the ML system and swapped the car after 22 months for an SUV meaning I've bought an 11 1/2k miles car.

Congrats bud. Any pics ?

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 1

That Lexus is lush, I wish you all the best with it, and hope in the near future you come back to Ford. Keep us posted on the Lexus and any mods you might end up doing.

Photos and build thread I insist are part of this divorce from Ford, you can keep everything else in this settlement but I think it's fair to ask this little [emoji14]

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. When weather permits I'll post some pics.

OK got some pics for you nice people.

20160823_165656.jpg

This is side on. Can't decide wether to tint the rear glass or not. Opinions please.

20160823_165707.jpg

Front quarter shot.

20160823_165724.jpg

Rear quarter shot.The rear tyres are 255's and the fronts are 235's

20160823_165752.jpg

Showing the rear interior and but it's plushcomfy.

20160823_165811.jpg

The dash and its myriad of buttons lol

20160823_165828.jpg

The 2 1/2 grand optional extra when buying new and boy is it ridiculously good. 12 speaker system blows the Infiniti Q70's sony 17 speaker system to bits.

20160823_170128.jpg

Now this colour is ruddy hard to photo. The colour is Celestial Black Metallic and it sparkles like heavenly stars and looks amazing.

Well there you go but one thing I will state is I miss the Focus's voice command. One push of its button and one command 'call the missus' and she'd be rung. In the Lexus however you press the button and say 'call the missus' and a list of similar names will appear on the screen. I have to say 1st choice and then confirm! It's naff compared to Fords system. 

Hope these pics are satisfactory :-)

• Like 2

Very nice. But you are still obliged per the legal divorce to keep us abreast of modifications lol

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen on Auto trader my Focus titanium x is for sale at Copmanthorpe Motors.

Someone's going to buy a very good car.

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen inside a modern Lexus, that's surprisingly nice!  Obviously looks good outside (bar the swirls you've pictured lol), and yeah, I'd go with rear tints personally, not just for looks but it keeps the car a bit cooler and stops you getting blinded from behind.

Was your Focus one with a 'fixed' DPF iirc?  If so, did you tell the dealer when it was traded in?

• Like 1

Hi Tom. The DPF was a fixed one (what ever that means) and I told the dealer why I'm going petrol coz of my low low mileage and that I didn't want to knacker the DPF.

Take a look on auto trader for my Focus and take a good look at it and let me know what you think.

Ah ok, it wasn't 'fixed' then lol.  By that I meant gutted out and remapped.  I've confused you with someone else on here, my bad!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club