Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newer car purchase

Graham Jackson

Greetings boys and girls. I've just been made redundant and am lucky enough to be able to claim my work pension at the same time so I have a little bit of money, around £14,000 to treat myself to a newer car? I currently drive a 2005 MKII Focus LX with around 85000 on the clock, my niece is claiming the car to go to uni and it's now called Fiona the Focus. I know which colour I want, Deep Impact Blue and I would like to get a Titanium if possible. I'm not sure if I want a petrol or a Diesel engine. I'm Capt. slow slower brother so I don't need an RS or an ST. Anyone have any recommendations engine and fuel wise? 

Thank  you in advance.

Graham

What's your annual mileage and journey types?

You wanting another Focus, or different size?

• Like 1

ecoboost engines give a good bit of poke, if you have been made redundant, I would assume you are running more town miles than motorway, so an eco would probably do the trick.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. Up until now my mileage has been around 10,000 a year mostly in town, to and from work etc with the odd days out work permitting. Now I'm not restricted by work I have more time to visit all those places you never get around to seeing so I expect my mileage to go up. I have been looking at a 1.0 Ecoboost 125 petrol Focus Titanium in Deep Impact Blue but I wouldn't be opposed to a Diesel engine Focus. 

Graham

I'd stick to a petrol if you are mostly around town.

1.0 is a great little engine and in 125 guide nets you the 6 speed gearbox.

My mum has this combo in a Focus Estate and it's s hoot to drive, yet still can return reasonable MPG if you take it easy. Expect about 40-45mpg.

• Like 1

Yeah agree the 1.0 ecoboost 125 is the best bet if you're not fussed about speed. Enough guts for most a plenty refined too. If you go diesel I thought the 1.5 tdci that you get in the later cars was slightly more refined than the 1.6 tdci.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice everyone. In the end I've gone for a 15 reg Focus Titanium in deep impact blue with a 1.5 tdci engine. My brother in law is selling me the car so I better get a good deal!!. It's  Ford direct car so should be in good order. Pics to follow once it's in my hands

• Like 1

My lease, soon to be returned, is a 1.6TDCi Titanium. You won't be disappointed. I came from a 2004 Edge and the comfort and spec was worlds apart. 

Good choice Graham

I have the 15 TDCI Tit focus. Awesome car and they pull like a train and keep on going. lovely to drive and far less gear changing. Lots of toys to play with as well.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I had help in my car choice my brother in law actually sold me the car at the dealer ship he works at, so I got a little bit of discount 😀 And he probably saved himself an ear bashing from my sister for not doing me a good deal. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Picked it up today only driven it a few miles but it's a nice car to drive. I definitely made the right choice. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your advice and replys. For various family reasons I have not been able to go far in the Focus until last week. A free day resulted in a trip to Whitby from middlesbrough. The car goes like a dream, plenty of power to overtake and very comfortable. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club