Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Rear bumper removal

simcor

Had a look to start fitting a towbar to my car, found it already has twin electrics hidden underneath what a bonus, just need to fit tow bar and test electrics work OK.

But as is always the case the captive nuts that hold the sides of the bumpers on won't undo !Removed! typical. So due to that and rain had to abandon it for now.

Need new bumper brackets for each side to re attach the bumper when I get it off.

Think part numbers are 

These will need riveting to the bumper after the old ones are removed so I can refit the bumper properly.

£23 each on eBay.

What a rubbish design!!!!

51 views and not one comment or suggestion.

Cheers guys lol 

Your quite right Tom there is no actual question, however thought maybe someone might have had the same issue and thought this is what I did rather than buy two pieces of plastic for 23 quid odd each lol

What do you all think new or bodge it and scarper fix it???

There we go we now have a question for people to answer lol 

Oh well in that case...  I've never removed the Focus rear bumper so I have no idea. :whistling: :laugh: 

Did you take any pics of the problem as I can't really work out what needs to be bodged atm? 

No I didn't take any pictures.

The plastic pieces are riveted onto the bumper top and bottom, there is a locating peg that pops into the side wing and a bolt thread that is captive inside the plastic which is not holding the bolt to allow the nut to come off.

I could remove the offending nuts and cut holes into the sides of the plastic pieces then I could put nuts and washers on as I could get a spanner in to hold the bolt head. But that would be a proper bodge it and scarper job.

Same issue here seems if I can drill out all the rivets the bumper will come off just not sure I can get to the last rivet on the top of the bumper as there is two.

Don't want to damage the bumper trying to get it off.

Picture of the bracket on that thread too.

cant you cut the head of bolts off and then remove bumper and brackets as one? or isnt there room? 5mm drill bit if your drilling rivets out

You can only access the inside once the bumper is removed normally by drilling the rivets out and detaching the bumper from the brackets.

In fact I think I can drill all the rivets out just by pulling the bumper out at the top. So might just do that and use some nuts and bolts and cut an access hole in the sides to get a spanner on for the future should it need to come off again.

Otherwise it's cutting the nuts off to get bumper off but one thing I don't have in my tool kit is a grinder lol

Might be able to get a hacksaw in though to cut the nuts off. 

Use a dremel with a cutting disk.

I have a pair or NOS bumper brackets in a box in my spare/junk room, unfortunately I can't recall which box so would have to unseal them all until I locate the right one.

If I can dig them out then you're welcome to them for a reasonable postage fee.

Sent from my SM-G930F

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Use a dremel with a cutting disk.

I have a pair or NOS bumper brackets in a box in my spare/junk room, unfortunately I can't recall which box so would have to unseal them all until I locate the right one.

If I can dig them out then you're welcome to them for a reasonable postage fee.

Sent from my SM-G930F

An adroit suggestion but sadly I do not have a dremmel to do so.

If you could find them out and let me know that would be great. I plan on doing it next weekend but can always hold off if needs be. 

I'll dig through the boxes when I'm home tomorrow night.

Knowing my luck they're in the box stuck in the corner and at the bottom of the pile.

Sent from my SM-G930F

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'll dig through the boxes when I'm home tomorrow night.

Knowing my luck they're in the box stuck in the corner and at the bottom of the pile.

Sent from my SM-G930F

In my experience when your looking for something it is always in the last box you look in, yes I realise that is stating the obvious but go for the hardest to get to box and I imagine there they will be lol

Or look in the most stupidest place as that is the other way I find things that are lost, did you check under the sofa and in the fridge, funny what turns up inside the fridge lol

Cheers pal much appreciated.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club