Do Not Sell My Personal Information

aftermarket smoked L.E.D rear lights

b4zz

as title what are peoples opinions on the after market smoked rear l.e.d tail lights for the mk2 facelift focus as pictured (please click link) Do people know if they are plug and play?

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Lighting-Tuning/Taillights/Led-Taillights-Ford-Focus-2-5-dr-Yr-08-10-black-tuning.html

Quite fond of the LED tail lights but I reserve judgement on the smoked look, ive seen some that should frankly be banned and their owners castrated, your supposed to see brake lights, preventing that from happening clearly is not just stupid but damn right selfish.

I'm not convinced you can tell what they look like until you see them up close and on the car.

personally, id find some RS tail lights

• Like 4

cheers for the replys guys yea think I will stick to my focus rs lights that I have lighty tinted as seen in my project thread

I have these on my Focus (but with LEDs for the indicators as well) and they are great, but I would definitely prefer the RS lights too :) 

cheers for the comment scorpionsx have you got any pics please? just so I can see what they look like

Check my build thread, there are some pics there, but "only" during the day, if you'd like I can make some night shots too ;)

ok cheers for that will have a look. just had a look and they look great if you could get some night shots that would be much appreciated

Sorry, I was super-swamped with other stuff, some issues with the car too and I didn't have time yet to make some shots, but you can check out this:

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Tuning/Lighting-Tuning/Taillights/Led-Taillights-Ford-Focus-2-5-dr-Yr-04-08-black-oxid-1.html?&filterVehicle+Model=Focus+2+(C307)&filterVehicle+Manufacturer=Ford&verbose=true&catalog=true&searchparam=*&fnc=ajaxListLoader&cnid=9eabd76a5aa15e980b9bc0505bbdcdfc

- it's those same lights, they have some shots where you can see them lit...I try to make some pics when I finally have some time...

And btw, as you asked in the other thread, you can swap the pre-FL and FL lights, but you can actually purchase these directly for the facelifted Mk2.5, so that saves you some trouble ;)

4 hours ago, ScorpionSX said:

Sorry, I was super-swamped with other stuff, some issues with the car too and I didn't have time yet to make some shots, but you can check out this:

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Tuning/Lighting-Tuning/Taillights/Led-Taillights-Ford-Focus-2-5-dr-Yr-04-08-black-oxid-1.html?&filterVehicle+Model=Focus+2+(C307)&filterVehicle+Manufacturer=Ford&verbose=true&catalog=true&searchparam=*&fnc=ajaxListLoader&cnid=9eabd76a5aa15e980b9bc0505bbdcdfc

- it's those same lights, they have some shots where you can see them lit...I try to make some pics when I finally have some time...

And btw, as you asked in the other thread, you can swap the pre-FL and FL lights, but you can actually purchase these directly for the facelifted Mk2.5, so that saves you some trouble ;)

cheers for the reply and link. Have you bought from fk automotive and if so how did you pay as im having a little bit of trouble  just waiting for a email back.

no prob with the pics mate when you got time is fine

I got it from the reseller here in Slovakia...they were on sale so I saved some € on them, compared with the FK prize. But they are the same and actually, even FK only repacks them, they are made by DEPO. 

Hope it all goes well with the payment, they are very nice looking upgrade to the car ;)

are right cheers for the info. i hope it goes well with the payment too.

as you say they are made by depo maybe i can find a company by putting a search on google and hopefully find a comany over here in the uk that sells them.

Did what I could...

Just lights on:

IMG_2527.JPG

Brakes on + signals:

IMG_2537.JPG

Brakes + signals detail:

IMG_2545.JPG

Brakes detail:

IMG_2546.JPG

It wasn't that dark outside yet when I took these, but you at least can see that they shine pretty bright even during the daylight-ish conditions. (Light sensor turned lights on, so it was "that dark" outside). The red colour is much more actual red than it appears on the pics, it's just the iPhone camera that added bit of yellow-ish tone to them - on the link I posted above is the colour much more real. 

But overall, they shine very nice during the day and during the night, signals are also visible - I was scared about this a little, but it's very good. 

I hope all goes well with your order, I definitely saw these on eBay from an UK based seller, just browse through the offers and I'm sure you can find them. There once was a product number on the DEPO website, but I didn't find it now...maybe it's on the lights, but I would have to take them off the car probably...

• Like 1

thanks for the pics they are much appreciated mate thanks for the info you have given me as well. I see from you pics that you have the mk2 pre facelift focus I have the mk2 facelift 09 plate but they now also sell the fully smoked ones for mine going by you pics I may very well go smoked. cheers again for the info and pics.

just one more thing to ask you where they just unclip old lights clip new light in and sorted?

You're welcome and I hope you'll be happy with your new set of lights! Yes, they should be available for the facelifted Focus as well, straight away, no need to replace the wiring or anything. When I was ordering mine, I played it safe and I mentioned that I have the pre-facelift Focus, even though I was ordering the correct set, but you know, you can never be too careful :) 

But luckily, everything went well and my seller also sent me a confirmation that they will indeed ship the correct version of the lights. I was ordering my headlights there as well, so with an order of over € 400,- they handled the order veeery carefully, not to disappoint me :D lol

thats great that they are plug and play as im no good with wiring ha ha. cheers for the link for the lights mate. I have just orderd a set of smoked ones from a uk seller called energized customs they say they are made by ultra so should be good I hope  I should have the lights by the weekend so will put a up date in my build thread once I have put them on.

cheers once again for all your help and the link it was much appreciated. that's what I like about this forum every one is so help full

• Like 1