Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key/fob programming

Phen0mable

I'm wondering if it's possible to program what fob buttons do. Short click unlocks the car but I wish to be able to open windows and unlock my car with long press. 

Has anyone of you done it before ?? 

Yes it can be possible, global opening and cloning is the feature you are talking about, from memory though you need electric windows all round as the car will then have door control modules.

Can be activated if available with Ford IDS or Elmconfig assuming the model year is covered.

On phone so not sure if you have your car details in your profile.

I think it requires new motors as well as the door modules to get global windows, its a  pretty costly mod IIRC, at some point I will replace my passenger front door and when I do ill find with with all the correct features, eventually ill do the same with the drivers side then replace the looms.

Its a big-ol job to get working from what ive read.

My focus is 57 plate style model. I was told that this option is in my car same as cruse control it only needs o enabled in cars computer 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2016 at 10:11 AM, Dee_82 said:

I think it requires new motors as well as the door modules to get global windows, its a  pretty costly mod IIRC, at some point I will replace my passenger front door and when I do ill find with with all the correct features, eventually ill do the same with the drivers side then replace the looms.

Its a big-ol job to get working from what ive read.

I wouldn't think new motors would be required. Usually global open/close is controlled via the alarm system or body computer. All it does is send a positive or negative feed to make the windows go up or down.

From what I have read on here it is only available if all 4 windows are electric to start with and I would imagine those cars will have the door modules and the gem needs coding appropriately.

1 hour ago, simcor said:

I wouldn't think new motors would be required. Usually global open/close is controlled via the alarm system or body computer. All it does is send a positive or negative feed to make the windows go up or down.

From what I have read on here it is only available if all 4 windows are electric to start with and I would imagine those cars will have the door modules and the gem needs coding appropriately.

something todo with the autostop, the reason our cars don't auto go up all the way is that there isn't a means to stop it chopping off ones head :)

apparently.

So I'm guessing it will need some sort of new motor that has a means to detect and stop the window closing if blocked, ill have a look at microcat if I get a chance later too see if there is different motors, last time I looked at the doors it was a bit of a nightmare trying to figure out which lock I needed so it might not be clear.

The basic electric window system (2-electric windows) is completely different from the more advanced comfort window system (4-electric) windows.

The basic electric window system is a conventional controlled system. The electric motors of this system do have 2 wires and are controlled directly by the window switches. This system does not have a pinch protection.

The comfort window system is a digitally controlled system. The electric motors of this system are different. These are called smart motors by Ford. Basically the smart motors contain the door control modules which control the electric windows and also some other functions. The door control module communicate with eachother and a number of other modules by the CANbus system. The comfort windows system supports the global opening/global closing functions and quick up/quick down functions for all windows. This system also has a pinch protection system.

• Like 1

So hypothetically, to get global doors working on a standard focus with manual rear windows, you would need to replace the motor which includes the control module, the switches on both sides and potentially the floor loom?

so replacing a doors with a door from a "comfort" version and potentially changing the floor loom, then activating via ELMConfig should get it working?

To convert the basic electric windows into comfort windows you need the follwing parts:

* Front left window motor with door control module.

* Front right window motor with door control module.

* Front left door wiring loom.

* Front Right door wiring loom.

* Driver door window/mirror switch assembly.

* Passenger door window switch.

* Floor wiring loom.

The Focus MK2.5 ST/RS 3-door versions were available with a 2-window version of the comfort windows. Parts of this sytem are ideal for retrofitting the comfort window system to any 3/5 door version with basic electric windows. However these parts are pretty rare and hard to find.

• Like 1

Seems a rather odd setup for the global open/close to be honest but thanks for the confirmation.

Anti trap surely though should be available regardless of how many windows are electric etc. I know it was just a configuration option that needed changing on my ZTT so assumed the Focus would be similar.

It's generally cheaper to have one part made that supports all functions and enable then at the dealer at POD. Rather than the cost of multiple different parts to be produced same goes for wiring looms, cheaper usually to have one loom with every option but only those specified at the tike of order fitted.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the middle of helping out a friend in fitting this feature but have now hit a snag :(  (things we had to change)

Door looms

Door modules

Floor loom

This is being done to a 3dr 2008 FL Focus ST

Everything went together fine was just as simple unplug and removing the looms and fitting the correct one's

The snag is that now the ignition via the start button does not work  so it must be down to the configuration of the body control module that needs configuring so we need to look into getting feed from the power hold relay to enable us to connect the elm via the obd port as with no ignition mean no access to obd port