Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.5 2008 1.8tdci titanium mods & upgrades

SuperOwls

Finally bought myself a Focus after having owned nearly every other car out there, I wanted a 5 door tdci but couldn't decide on a Zetec S or Titanium so in the end I got a Titanium and am fitting a few Zetec S bits & few other mods to give it an edge cos I'm not old enough yet for the full chrome n slippers look. Only had the car just over a month and made a few upgrades thanks to ideas on this forum.

So far I've fitted an EGR blanking plate to the engine and I changed the chrome on the front end with a Zetec S grill and an RS bonnet lipmedia.jpeg20160817_191855.jpg20160817_191848.jpgI then changed the heater controls over, nice 2 minute job and look so much better, especially at night20160816_184938.jpg20160816_230722.jpgalso done the led lights, including all interior, glove box, footwells & boot, changed rear licence plate lights for led modules which are much brighter than just changing bulbs20160816_230807.jpg20160816_230753.jpg20160816_230739.jpgthen I was lucky enough to find some genuine Zetec S pedals on eBay for £25 so snapped them up 20160816_144915.jpg20160816_163808.jpgswapped the chrome tailgate trim on the hatchback for a colour coded black one, should ave been a 10mins job but whoever had the car before had broken 2 of the brackets on the chrome trim so decided to bond it on instead. Nightmare!! Took ages to get it of and of course it started raining half way through, sorted now tho20160822_115619.jpg20160822_130100.jpgZetec S tailgate spoiler going on next, it's sat in garage waiting till rain stops. So if anyone needs a panther black roof spoiler let me know

Pics to follow

• Like 2

Cheers pal, spoiler going on today, got to splice the wiring tho cos it has the clear brake light instead of the red one so has different plug, electrics are NOT my speciality :wallbash:

hello and welcome Andy.Look good so far

Cheers pal, just fitted the ST tailgate spoiler, quite a simple job really, good match up on the paint too20160823_175051.jpg20160823_182642.jpg20160823_182849.jpg

• Like 1

Way to go with the ST spoiler! Overall, very nice looking Focus, I see that you have the silver "carbon" trim around the stereo, is that a tint or is it factory trim? Because if it's factory, that's one hell of a unicorn, manual climate controls with silver carbon!

• Like 1

Thanks mate, it's standard as far as I know, at least that's how I bought it and I can't imagine the last guy doing any mods. Tbh I'm not keen of the silver, I prefer the black on black look, I've seen a few vinyl kits on eBay but they don't have cut out for the heated seats and don't come with the trim round gear stick either so it's staying silver for time being

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperOwls said:

Thanks mate, it's standard as far as I know, at least that's how I bought it and I can't imagine the last guy doing any mods. Tbh I'm not keen of the silver, I prefer the black on black look, I've seen a few vinyl kits on ebay but they don't have cut out for the heated seats and don't come with the trim round gear stick either so it's staying silver for time being

Focus looks great,

I have a few Free guides here you may findsomething of interest: 

alternatively Google "full list of lennys guides" to view list of links

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Focus looks great,

I have a few Free guides here you may findsomething of interest: 

alternatively Google "full list of lennys guides" to view list of links

Thanks for the help. There's a few things on there that I'll be doing at some point. Next on list is a bit of body kit, I've just ordered the zetec s rear diffuser and front lip from a breaker, unfortunately both in silver so need painting, will leave that and the fitting to someone who knows what they're doing tho

2 hours ago, SuperOwls said:

Thanks mate, it's standard as far as I know, at least that's how I bought it and I can't imagine the last guy doing any mods. Tbh I'm not keen of the silver, I prefer the black on black look, I've seen a few vinyl kits on ebay but they don't have cut out for the heated seats and don't come with the trim round gear stick either so it's staying silver for time being

Well, if you ever decide to sell it for some reason, you know where to look for :) ... at least for the stereo trim :)

Rear diffuser and front lip arrived today, both genuine ford parts so should fit on ok, just got to find someone to paint and fit them now, if anyone can recommend a good bodyshop in Sheffield area let me know, also can't decide weather to paint the diffuser totally black to keep in with the black on black theme instead of having the bottom part grey as I like the stealth look :ph34r:. Any thoughts?20160825_171000.jpg20160825_171029.jpg

• Like 2

I went for body colour moondust silver

82c4533bd457892597989ec0a691cde0.jpg

274f2832f1c614d279b2c3df33049f27.jpg

Yunii

Your car is really shaping up nicely with ZS add ons. Now you need St alloys to finish & twin exit exhausts like i have .

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Btw i'm not too far from you near wakefield. Jnct40 off M1

Yunii

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 1:50 PM, ScorpionSX said:

Well, if you ever decide to sell it for some reason, you know where to look for :) ... at least for the stereo trim 

OK,  will do, cheers 

3 hours ago, yunii said:

I went for body colour moondust silver

82c4533bd457892597989ec0a691cde0.jpg

274f2832f1c614d279b2c3df33049f27.jpg

Yunii

Your car is really shaping up nicely with ZS add ons. Now you need St alloys to finish & twin exit exhausts like i have .

Yunii

That looks mint, not seen too many with the diffuser fully colour coded, I think I'm gonna go for that in black, just gotta wait for payday now to get it fitted. Like the updated badges too :cool:. Wheels and exhaust are in plans for later date, I've already swapped the standard Titanium alloys (that looked like wheel trims) for some Mondeo alloys but they're just temporary until I make my mind up on what to buy.

Also seen you've got the wind deflectors fitted, I've got a set on the way, should be here in next few days so they'll be going on next

• Like 2

Got the wind deflectors fitted, drivers window keeps bouncing down for some reason, I used clips and left for 24hrs for rubbers to mould but still does it, bit annoying but I like the look of them so will see how it goes. Body kit to go on next and wheels to sort out, then it should be looking good20160902_123620.jpg20160902_123931.jpg20160902_123147.jpg20160902_123205.jpg20160902_123434.jpg

• Like 1

Not me that's been doing the dough nuts btw - that'll be the local boy racers :wacko:20160902_195151.jpg20160902_195206.jpg

• Like 2

looking good and once you have the zs kit fitted it will transform the whole look of your car

• Like 2

Will look even better when zetecS kit is fitted 👍

clear reverse light unit also keeps things symmetrical, would look good

• Like 1

I know, can't wait to get it fitted, have decided to go for complete black diffuser, should make it look a bit different too. I was thinking of doing the clear fog lamp mod but not sure if the dual reverse is a bit out of my league. Was thinking of just fitting the clear lamp with a red bulb, do you know if that would just be a simple swap over?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SuperOwls said:

I know, can't wait to get it fitted, have decided to go for complete black diffuser, should make it look a bit different too. I was thinking of doing the clear fog lamp mod but not sure if the dual reverse is a bit out of my league. Was thinking of just fitting the clear lamp with a red bulb, do you know if that would just be a simple swap over?

It is straight swap see Guide for that here 😉

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It is straight swap see Guide for that here 😉

Thanks mate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple more little mods done to the car over the weekend, picked up the rear ST Recaro leather seats for a bargain price so just finished fitting them20160914_160834.jpg20160914_160911.jpgAm on the lookout for matching front seats, heated if possible, so if anyone knows of a pair for a reasonable price, let me know. Also got a nice little bit of interior trim :laugh:20160914_160551.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club