Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can mist-type washer jets be adjusted?

mjt

The mist jets on my Mk3 are pointing a bit low. I can only see a slot in the plastic, is there a jet concealed inside that I can adjust? I don't want to go poking about with a needle unless I can be sure there is.

• Like 1

I'd like to know this too!

Fitted Focus mist jets into our Fiesta, they are much better than the horrible standard jet versions but noticed there's a gap in the spray pattern.

No they can't be adjusted easily.

I have seen people put a sliver or rubber under the leading edge to lift them slightly, but there's no conventional ball jet type thing in there.

• Like 1

Hmmm. . . . . I suspected as much. I'm not impressed with that.:angry: I suppose the idea is they produce such a wide spray pattern that it's not necessary but mine definitely only wet the screen half-way up and the wipers kick in too quickly for the airflow to take the water up the screen.

Try moulding a bit of Sugru rubber putty either under the whole piece to raise the nozzle a bit or block some of the spray nozzle itself to push the water out higher.

Sent from my SM-G930F

someone on here suggested that the mk3 pump was more powerful and might help push it further up, I'm not all that sure it is but its an interesting idea,

edit, just saw you have a mk3 so ignore that, mk2 owners might find that a good wee project

• 3 years later...

Hi guys if the spray is up at the top of the screen wrap a cable tie around the tubing to reduce the amount of pressure going threw and will spray lower if yours is spraying only the bottom that's ok as when your driving it will spray further up the screen or put a bigger pump on the washer bottle. Mine sprayed right over the car but while driving hits the screen perfect so put a cable tie on each washer and got it bang on both whilst driving and stationary. 

That's completely the opposite of what happens to me?  If it sprays towards the top when stationary when moving it'll land lower down, if it's low to start with it'll be even lower when moving.

Isn't it amazing that after 100 odd years of automobile development that people still have issues with the most basic of devices a car has...