Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front and Rear Heated Screens

Heydude

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice from you knowledgeable people.

I have recently bought a 2013 1.5tdci Fiesta Titanium, on Saturday whilst enjoying a cup of coffee both the front and rear screens misted up (as they do), this was the first time I had had reason to use the demist facility on either of the screens as I have only had the car a matter of a week or so. The issue I have is that neither of the screens seem to switch on, I left it at that point until I got home and read the manual,  having read that the engine needs to be running before they can be operated I was full of hope when trying again, but still nothing.

Am I missing something, I've had cars in the past with heated front screens and never had an issue before.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

I don't mean to make you sound silly but you didn't mention it so I'll ask. Did you press the button for each of the heated screens and did a light come on for both of the buttons?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

How did you test it after you got home with the engine running?

Sorry should have said, yes I pressed both the buttons and neither of the lights lit up.

When I got home I read the manual or a forum and it said the engine needed to be running so I went out and started the engine, pressed the buttons and still no lights, held cup of hot water against both screens to mist up just in case it was a light fault but no heat on either screen and neither demisted.

If you have only just recently bought it, take it back to the garage in question and query it with them.

• Like 1

Forgot to add..with it being a 2013 depending on when it was first registered chances are its out of warranty for ford to do anything but certainly worth a try with whatever garage you got it from for them to investigate it.

Thank you for replies guys, 

Yeah I've checked the fuses and all seem okay, I will speak with the garage where I bought it from, just though it was maybe something simple I was missing.

Thanks again for replies.

Is stop/start working?

A low battery might cause them not to work, it might even say in the manual.

2 hours ago, Heydude said:

Sorry should have said, yes I pressed both the buttons and neither of the lights lit up.

When I got home I read the manual or a forum and it said the engine needed to be running so I went out and started the engine, pressed the buttons and still no lights, held cup of hot water against both screens to mist up just in case it was a light fault but no heat on either screen and neither demisted.

Mine is 2013 too but I've had no issues, sorry I cant help anymore but everyone else seems too of covered what else it could be.

Has the Windows been replaced at anytime and not heated front put back in this could be possible.

look close at window and you should see the wires in glass.

dont explain the rear though as there standard to have heated.

other option is pop your buttons off from dash n see if switches still attached to rear of them as someone could of disconnected them 

Alex, what is stop/start, not something I had mentioned to me when buying the car? The battery thing is certainly something I'll mention to the garage as a possibility if they are unaware.

David, yes I have checked the screen and it definitely has the wires in it. Never thought of popping the switches, never even crossed my mind someone would disconnect them.

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys.

If it is the 1.5 diesel, it should have stop/start afaik.

When you stop the car and take it out of gear, the engine should stop. Then restart when you put your foot on the clutch.

Do you have a small button in front of the gearstick with an A in a circle?

Mine does not have that function as far I can tell, never noticed it shutting off and nor do I have the symbol near the gear stick you mention.

Ah ok, just looked it up, seems only the econectic gets stop start on the Fiesta, I thought they all came with it as standard now.

It would only have been relevant to indicate the battery level, but as you don't have it, we can't use that.

the front and rear screens are completely independant of  each other regarding fuses. the only common parts are the heater control module and the body control module. so my guess its going to be one of those or the connectors to and from them 

Alex, mine does have an Econetic badge on the tailgate and I'm sure it says it across the top of the plastic engine cover too, but definitely does not have the A symbol you mentioned.

Sounds like an expensive component that Ian, sounding more likely that I am going to have to return it to the garage and get them to investigate.

Really appreciate all the suggestions guys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club