Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red Edition insurance group.

Mitchell Rogers

I didn't realise that the red edition was group 18? Seems a bit high for the 1 litre. Anything else around that group with more horsepower? Just wondering if they've put it up due to the car being driven my mainly younger drivers. Thanks.

Don't think it's high. Mini Cooper and Ibiza FR are both over group 20, so seems about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Insurance groups go upto 50 so it's not that high, the group isn't determined by the age of the driver, it's to do with the car's cost new, cost to repair in both parts and labour, safety rating and security amongst other things. Then when you ask for a quote it's worked out using the insurance group, your personal details and driving record, theft stats for your area and overall claim statistics.

probably a lot of cars in a lower group will have more power but they may not be the type of car you're looking for.

Each insurance company will also rate a vehicle differently based off their claims history for said vehicle also. 

So if one insurer has lots of claims for a certain vehicle they may increase that particular vehicle insurance rating vs another vehicle of a similar rating :)