Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zip window on ka convertable

Hornsby

Hi hopeing someone can help I live in Kent and have a ka convertable my plastic Window has riped bought a new one but I can't put it on is there any were in Kent that does this please 

Welcome Julie, try posting this in the KA part of the forum, I'm sure owners/previous owners would be happy to help :) (I've never had a convertible full stop so I'm sorry but I can't answer your question).

Never heard of a convertible ka - Do you mean a Streetka or Sportka?

It will be the StreetKa.

The plastic window is zipped in, the puller removed, the zipper clamped tight and then glue sealed around the overlapping material for waterproofing.

There are self-install kits available-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141082674875

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Just to add-

When you remove the old window you will see that the zip puller is removed after fitting and before sealing.

To remove the old window you need to pop the zip teeth apart at the end and pull apart around the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I know this is for a BMW window but exactly the same procedure-

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

You can also buy PVC restorer without removing the window - its supposed to make the windows like new but ive never tried it but looking at buying it and testing it as my window is a goner.

Nice info Stoney didnt know the zipper was removed - havent really had a close look at the window.
Job looks like a tap-in but the price of a piece of PVC witha zip attached at over £100 squid is ridiculuous these manufacturers must be making 1000% profit!

• 5 years later...

Hi I also have cracked my rear window on the streetcar from one side

Just now, Frank110 said:

Hi I also have cracked my rear window on the streetcar from one side to the other after seeing the price of new windows I thought I'd search on Amazon and so I bought a 2 mm thick PVC table protector roll and I'm going to just stick that in until I get a proper window when I got money but does anyone know if you could just stick in the rear window with silicone or does it need to be double-sided tape

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club