Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Brakes - 1.5 Ecoboost / MK3 Facelift

Rainydays

Hey there,

Recently joined after lurking a bit. Am I the only one who has issues finding parts for this car? I mean the 1.6 has plenty but when it comes to the 1.5l ecoboost I need to constantly contact people for them to say 1.6 is what they offer.

Has anyone purchased some proper aftermarket brake rotors for the aforesaid model?

I would appreciate some recommendations that may fit.

Thanks in advance.

I can't imagine them being much different tbh, it was only a facelift, with a new engine. Things like brakes must be the same surely?

Great minds think alike and I thought the same.

For example I got some HEL brake lines for the 1,6 and confirmed by HEL that they will fit. I had them fitted and they would move all over the place on the rear.

I sent a video to HEL and they provided some extra circlips to fix the issue. According to HEL, the lines were supposed to fit without anything.

7a4c64207ed15bdd41bc6b29d6e1bba1.jpg

b47d8624229d17fa222733b3a7678d32.jpg

Having learned my lesson, I joined this board and asking now for feedback. I would not want to spend money and have them in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Rainydays said:

I would appreciate some recommendations that may fit.

try these.....

http://www.blackdiamondperformance.com/brakes_ford.htm

according to their data sheet the majority of the mk3 focus range has only 2 sizes of discs anyway , 278 / 300 mm

i'd go for the 12 groove disc that comes with a black phosphorus heat treatment.

used them on a previous vehical , a bit noisier in use , which you get used to anyway , but definately a reduced stopping distance at speed.

and look awesome behind the alloys

best to use them with pads that have a harder friction compound that standard items though , eg red stuff etc

;-)

• Like 1

The 278mm I believe is for cars fitted with rear drums (1.5/1.6 tdci and 1.0 ecoboost), the 300mm with rear disc brakes (1.5/1.6 ecoboost and 2.0 tdci) on the hatchback version. Not sure on the estate, I've not seen one with rear drums at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

278 mm front discs are used on the 1.0 ECOboost, 1.6 TI-VCT and 1.5/1.6 TDCI. 278 mm front discs can either be combined with rear drums or 280 mm rear discs. Whether the car has rear drums or discs depends on several factors like for example the market the car is made for, body type and in some cases even trim level. Many European countries have rear disc brakes as standard while other countries do still have rear drum brakes.

300 mm front discs are used on the 1.5/1.6 ECOboost 2.0 Duratec TI-VCT (160 HP) and the 2.0 TDCI. 300 mm front discs are always combined with 280 mm rear disc brakes.

2 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

278 mm front discs can either be combined with rear drums or 280 mm rear discs. 

never seen a car with bigger discs on the back.........;-)

rears would be 265 with 278 at front surely ?

There is only one rear disc size for the Focus MK3/MK3.5. Except form the RS all other versions (including the ST) with rear disc brakes  have 280 mm discs.

265 mm rear discs were never used on the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

My Focus MK3 hatchback with the 125 HP 1.0 ECOboost has exactly the same rear disc brakes as the 182 HP 1.6 ECOboost my parents have. Only the front disc brakes are different.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club