Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-call

CHRISTOF

Been down to my local Ford garage this morning will a problem with the clutch,but the fault didnt show.They then mention there is a re-call,and fitted plastic strips on the back wheel arch.Any one else had this done?

First I've heard of this (there again, I only hear of anything to do witht the Fiesta through THIS forum lol)

Did they say why they were fitted?

Where did the strips get fitted? Inside or near the edge?

Got any pics?

:unsure:

First I've heard of this (there again, I only hear of anything to do witht the Fiesta through THIS forum lol)

Did they say why they were fitted?

Where did the strips get fitted? Inside or near the edge?

Got any pics?

:unsure:

They said it is prevent ston chips,they fit at the bottom of the back arch and wrap rond on to the sill. sory no pics

Thanks for clarifying christof.

Anyone else got pics of these? I think I'd like to have these fitted to my car if they prevent stone chips (please don't tell me that side skirts prevent them being fitted!)

Anyone else got pics of these? I think I'd like to have these fitted to my car if they prevent stone chips (please don't tell me that side skirts prevent them being fitted!)

Mine is a 4 door it may only apply to the 4 door but am not sure

Onsecond thoughts, i don't want these strips fitted if they are the clear plastic strips as shown in this thread:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...54.html#c351423

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=7574

Shockingly ugly and I'm glad I have a 3dr with sideskirts, as it appears not to be a problem for this model, only the 5dr, but i'd definitley fit mudflaps to the front if i had a 5dr to prevent these stonechips and also remove the need for the fugly plastic strips :blink:

My local Ford garage fitted these strips to my 5 door when it was in for its recent 1500 miles check-up.

When I collected the car the service receptionist muttered something about update protection strips having been fitted - didnt ask if I wanted them. Not sure if they are clear plastic film or colour coded??

To be honest you soon forget they are there. I'm just hoping they dont start to peel off and/or start to gather crud around the edges. If they do they will be off and I will risk the odd stone chip!

Kev

Christof,

When was your car built?

Mine was June build 2009 and has the strips fitted.

They are NOT the ones shown on the photos,they are solid black plastic and are fitted behind the tyres inside the wheelarch,they stick out a few mm to stop stone chips.

Dave

Christof,

When was your car built?

They are NOT the ones shown on the photos,they are solid black plastic and are fitted behind the tyres inside the wheelarch,they stick out a few mm to stop stone chips.

Dave

Mine was also built in June 2009 ,the ones they fitted are the same as whats in the photos.

Chris

Christof,

When was your car built?

Dave

If you mean the bits on the rear wheel arches, I'm pretty sure those black plastic bits have been there since the start of production and I don't think they are to stop stone chips - partly because they are too high up, and partly because they are on the rear arches, which aren't that prone to stone chips anyway.

I think there are to do with managing airflow around and off the rear of the car.

My brother's VW scirocco also has them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club