Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford Focus C-MAX 2.0 TDCI Turbo Problem

B.Georgiev

Hello to all of you ! 

Please excuse me when my English is not perfect !

I am owner of Focus C-MAX from 2005, it's 2005 TDCI, it have 167000 km. From about one week a strange problem have appeared.

I was driving on the highway and in one moment the car lost power. I pressed the gas and my turbo was off , so i have stop immediately and shut down the car. I start it again and then the turbo was working again. On free rpm all sounds was normal, but when i start driving i got strange whistling sound on 1 and 2 gear. But not the whistle from the turbo ! 

So i stop again, open the hood and made my girlfriend to press the gas . The sound comes from the left side on the motor, where the rolls are staying.

Even so the car works in perfect RPM and this sound is getting away after some time . 

Yesterday i was on the way to drive again on the highway and the turbo went off again during drive. So i did the same , stop, shut off , start and all was fine . 

Now in 4 days i will have to make again drive of 2000km ... but this thing with the turbo going off bothers me . Does any one of you have any idea why this can happen, what can cause it and is it to bad or that a normal for Turbo charged car!

Just to say i drive often long distance and after the firts turbo off time .. i have driven the car on long road for 2300 km and didnt  had any problems. 

Please good people , help !  

FB_IMG_1471958247090.jpg

May I suggest that you check the hoses to and from the turbo unit. Including the inter-cooler.

It may well be that one of these hoses have split or worked loose from the connection.

You should take your vehicle to ford and ask them to read if there are any fault codes. If there are any, they will help you pin point where to start looking for faults

Edited by Joss max
added new lines

I would also. Install a blanking plate ok the egr and check your turbo intercooler and pipe, I had the same problems and fixed both of these and the car was a different animal after.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club