Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do i fix this paint damage

hatethisbit

I recently messed up by removing the go faster stripes from my car. I clearly did it the wrong way as a small section of what i assume to be the top layer of paint has been taken off too. I took it to a body shop who quoted me over £200 due to having to spray two whole panels including the door where the damage is, and the front panel to the left of the picture. The guys reasoning that he'd have to make them look the same colour. Just for reference the scratches were already there and the same damage is done on the other side of the car, not sure how this happened?

Is it at all possible this is a homemade fix? The surface you can see is textured to the touch, is it the primer? It doesnt have to look body shop perfect but if i can spray it up to look half decent i'd be happier with that than dishing out £200+.

IMG_0017.jpg

It looks like adhesive to me sure it's removed paint?

• Like 1

I think £200.00 is very reasonable for a good repair and colour matching.

Mind looking above the offending area looks like someone has done a bodge job there too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

It looks like adhesive to me sure it's removed paint?

I agree. Are you sure it's not where some of the sticker has been left behind. Have you ran your nail over the edge. If it's raised away from the paint slightly that's what it will be. 

I have indeed run my fingers over it and im afraid its not adhesive, i removed all of that with some tar remover. Its below the level of the surrounding paint. Its hard to describe the texture

As it's the paint removed your only option is to sand the edges smooth and respray you can get all the bits you need from Halfords won't be a perfect finish but will cost a damsight less than £200 quoted

Why would you remove the go faster stripe?  It'll be slower now. :sad: 

• Like 6