Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omex rev limiter

Patrico777

I really like the omex rev limiter I saw a focus st with it at last car meet I been to and its perfect how does it work what its ??? Is it safe to have it and easy to install?

There's some fitting guides on YouTube, think it just cuts the ignition at the refs you set it at.

think you also need a decat or it will ruin a standard cat.

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother with one to be honest,I've driven all sorts of cars around Oulton Park,Donington etc & never needed one. Just keep an eye on the rev counter instead.

47 minutes ago, SpannerTheCat said:

I wouldn't bother with one to be honest,I've driven all sorts of cars around Oulton Park,Donington etc & never needed one. Just keep an eye on the rev counter instead.

They're mainly fitted because they make the car pop and bang when revving it at meets.

Yeah you get fire is well so good lol

55 minutes ago, MarksST said:

They're mainly fitted because they make the car pop and bang when revving it at meets.

Understand what it's all about now,when I read ''rev limiter'' I thought it was a rev limiter,lol. There was something similar a while ago which was a dash switch connected to a spark plug welded into the exhaust to achieve a flame thrower,Lambo effect for pennies! 

8 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah you get fire is well so good lol

Yes you do, this lad hot more than he wanted though. Be was bouncing off the rev limiter for a stupid amount of time though

Modern society: everyone grabbed their phone for a photo/video; no one grabbed a fire extinguisher. 

3 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Modern society: everyone grabbed their phone for a photo/video; no one grabbed a fire extinguisher. 

True