Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Noises from my 2002 TDCI

Fishmaster-zero

:( I've two noises in my 2002 TDCI estate I just cant stop and wonder if anyone on here has any suggestions.

First one is a loud tinny rattle which i beleive is from behind the drivers side dash or centre columb which occurs at 800-1200 rpm, very anoying on a diesel.

2nd one is of more concern, when I reverse, stop switch to first then pull away at full lock (for example when I reverse out of a parking space) a moment or two after moving I'm getting a loud knock that I can feel in the cabin, which comes from with the left or centre of the car.

I've been to two garages and had the suspension checked, and they cant find any excessive play in any of the visible bushes.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what that may be?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Martin

If it only does it when the car is on full lock, it could be a cv/driveshaft problem. I had a similar problem on a Focus a while back and we couldn't find the cause- it was knocking on initial pull away, whether forward or backwards. In the end we tightened the bolts holding the stabiliser bar which attaches to the floor and gearbox in the centre of the car and even though they were reasonably tight to start with, it cured the problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club