Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Interesting Find...Audio-related Mondeo Mk3

chris1200

OK, so I've been looking at replacing my 6000CD headunit with a bluetooth one for music and handsfree calls. Whilst poking around the car today I found an 'aux in' port in the glovebox.

I knew I had a lead somewhere in the house to fit and when I found it I discovered it had a 3.5mm jack plug on each end. So I plugged it in to the car socket and also to my phone. I pressed the 'aux' button on the headunit and hey presto!.... my music is playing through all Speakers. I then went a step further and called a friend on my phone. His call came through the Speakers very clearly and he could hear me 100% clearly. So it appears as thought it's a free (albeit not via bluetooth) solution that has cost me nothing. The lead has to hang out of the glovebox but I have managed to do that in a tidy manner and doesn't look bad. Now all I have to do is take it for a drive and see if another person can hear me speaking clearly whilst driving as I am relying on the microphone from the phone.....unless someone has a solution for that bit to enhance my voice! 

But all in all, I'm rather pleased :-) 

You won't be able to change tracks etc via the head unit I don't think so if you are going to make it a permanent thing you should get a phone holder within easy reach. There is a really good holder that goes into the cd slot as you won't be using it when using the aux presumably. Using a holder will also make the mic on the phone a bit clearer for the third party but I wouldn't pin your hopes on it being great, sorry. It's exactly the same as using the phone on speakerphone just with the audio coming frame the car Speakers. Again, you will have to touch the phone to answer it unless you can use voice recognition on the phone to answer the call. I'm also not sure what would happen if you were listening to the radio and a call came through, I'm going to guess it wouldn't sound through the Speakers unless you selected answer on the phone and changed the input to AUX which is probably not as safe as it could be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jonro

You are 100% correct on all points :smile:........which I discovered this afternoon. It's not ideal so I think the headunit will go, but it'll do until I have the time to get it sorted. 

• Like 1