Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What a rubbish day...

Cookey09

What a rubbish day I've had... 

First off all. Roadworks all over Barnsley at the moment and the MAIN road that runs the centre of town itself is shut off due to a fire that happened a week ago... 

Meant I was late for the gym, knocked me off my schedule I had set myself, couldn't have spent as long as I planned in the gym. 

Secondly, my job today was to supervise/deliever a session to participants in a park for 2hours. Fair enough on any other day, but for it to pee it down with rain and me getting soaked looking after 2participants due to the weather, wasn't brilliant and then to return to my car drive home with wipers that are just absolutely terrible, bouncing, juddering, wobbling across my windscreen, even though I've had them replaced with top of the range Bosch 2 week ago, and tried every sort of glass cleaner and polish known to man... . And the same style of session later on in the afternoon, tea time ish... 

Last of all, an evening football session in the rain... I love football, I enjoyed it I'm not complaint about this bit, nice stress relief... 

As I get into my car, I shut my door and my mate gets in the passenger side about to shut his door the guy at the side of me reverses, swinging outwards, so his front end his swing I g towards my car, takes my door off...

The hinge snaps clean off, bends my door 180' degree's so my door is resting on my front left hand wing, paint scratched off, metal bent.  

Who's to blame? 

My car was stationary with engine off. I was in the drivers seat. My mate in the passenger seat about to close his door, the guy reverses at an angle, most definaltely not straight back as he had his wheels angled while parked. 

Whats a big kick in the teeth my dashcam memory had just become full prior to the incident.... 

What a rubbish day. 

Edited by alexp999
swearing

1 hour ago, Cookey09 said:

Who's to blame? 

If you were parked on double yellows, or in a dodgy place on a main road, then there might be some doubt.

But it sounds like you were in a car park, where parking, walking to and from cars, and getting in/out is 100% to be expected.

In my view anyone driving in a car park has to give way to pedestrians, and avoid parked cars, including with open doors. It really should 110% be the moving car driver's fault.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like a good day at all. Re: the wipers...try tightening the nut that holds them in place, or even loosening them as 'too loose' or 'too tight' could be the cause of your problem. 

• Like 1

Ahh Cookey mate I really feel for you. As they say it never rains, it pours!

I think when it comes to who is to blame, I am with Tom on this. Clearly the moving vehicle verses  stationary vehicle is at fault.

Keep us update Cookey

• Like 1

Sounds awful. Hope your insurance sorts it out for you swiftly.

The only way I could imagine it would not be the fault of the other driver is if the door was opened into the path of the other vehicle. If it started moving after the door was opened I can't see that there could be much of an argument.

• Like 1

Feel for you, does sound like other car is at fault though, for driving in to your door.

Did they accept liability?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If you were parked on double yellows, or in a dodgy place on a main road, then there might be some doubt.

But it sounds like you were in a car park, where parking, walking to and from cars, and getting in/out is 100% to be expected.

In my view anyone driving in a car park has to give way to pedestrians, and avoid parked cars, including with open doors. It really should 110% be the moving car driver's fault.

Yeah, it was my works car park. 

Im 100% with you mate. 

Easiest way to think of it is you were stood perfectly still, raised you arm out, and then someone bumped into you. It would be their fault...

8 hours ago, chris1200 said:

Doesn't sound like a good day at all. Re: the wipers...try tightening the nut that holds them in place, or even loosening them as 'too loose' or 'too tight' could be the cause of your problem. 

Ahh right thanks buddy, i'll have a play when it next rains! Cheers man. 

6 hours ago, Joss max said:

Ahh Cookey mate I really feel for you. As they say it never rains, it pours!

I think when it comes to who is to blame, I am with Tom on this. Clearly the moving vehicle verses  stationary vehicle is at fault.

Keep us update Cookey

Aha very true indeed fella!  And im with you! However after having spoke to my insurance this morning they said they woulf pass me onto a no claim repair company and i wouldnt have to pay. But after those guys speaking to the guy who did the reversing, our stories dont match.... hmmm... I wonder why... 

His story is, my friend opened the door as he was reversing... 

6 hours ago, Dan P said:

Sounds awful. Hope your insurance sorts it out for you swiftly.

The only way I could imagine it would not be the fault of the other driver is if the door was opened into the path of the other vehicle. If it started moving after the door was opened I can't see that there could be much of an argument.

Theyve helped me out a lot my insurance i just hope they hold their own. And i've requested cctv footage from work, so only time will tell, what is more annoying is that i cant fully say what happened as id just sat in the car myself, my mate just about to sit down too and close the door behind him, so i didnt 100% see it, but my mate and a security guy at work says that he reversed into my door...

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Feel for you, does sound like other car is at fault though, for driving in to your door.

Did they accept liability?

Cheers mate. And nope they havent....

And i noticed you edited my post, can you not edit the edit to "understandably swearing" ;)

Doesn't your dash cam automatically overwrite the earliest file? 

Seems like an odd situation but without camera evidence none of us can say whether the door was opened into the cars path or whether the door was stationary and the car moved into it.   :sad:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Doesn't your dash cam automatically overwrite the earliest file? 

Seems like an odd situation but without camera evidence none of us can say whether the door was opened into the cars path or whether the door was stationary and the car moved into it.   :sad:

I've had 3other witnesses excluding my passenger come forward and say what they saw and they all saw the same thing, two security guys, watching cctv, that wasn't recording.... And one on foot security man... All said the same thing as my passenger and what I believed happened. 

RE: my dashcam, it will only overwrite if in continuous mode, engine on and running, in parking mode, it will allow up to 72 clips (shutting doors, boots, getting in the car etc...) this section was full and was ready to be manually deleted by myself but as I was running late and had other things on my mind, I'm not going to lie, it slipped my thoughts to rid them... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cookey09 said:

my mate just about to sit down too and close the door behind him, so i didnt 100% see it, but my mate and a security guy at work says that he reversed into my door...

Sounds like an "open & shut" case to me, in more ways than one.laugh.png

Getting out of a car, there is a chance of opening a door into the path of a moving vehicle that may not have time to stop.

But getting in ???. And your passenger was well in before the impact. I don't think the other party has a chance. In not admitting liability, they are simply following their insurance company's oft repeated instructions.

I would not like to think what might have happened if the impact was a second or so earlier! The other driver deserves to have the book thrown at him. "Due care and attention" comes to mind.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Sounds like an "open & shut" case to me, in more ways than one.laugh.png

Getting out of a car, there is a chance of opening a door into the path of a moving vehicle that may not have time to stop.

But getting in ???. And your passenger was well in before the impact. I don't think the other party has a chance. In not admitting liability, they are simply following their insurance company's oft repeated instructions.

I would not like to think what might have happened if the impact was a second or so earlier! The other driver deserves to have the book thrown at him. "Due care and attention" comes to mind.

Aha, nice mate, smooth 😉😂 

Yes, of course there is, but that wasn't the case. Yeah he had literally just sat down on the seat mate reached for the door handle and obviously couldn't reach it has the door was taken away from him... 

He said if it had been a split second earlier it would have hit his hand.... 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive! 

My door itself was bent back over 180* degree against my front wing panel, it took me and my friend to pull and him push the door back so it would close... Just can't wait to get it sorted. Will keep you guys posted. 

• Like 1

Did he drive forward to the space? Or reverse Park?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jeebowhite said:

Did he drive forward to the space? Or reverse Park?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

He drove into the spot, I reversed parked alongside him... I usually wouldn't and I'd park at the top end of the car park, but due to a very particular circumstance I didn't and felt the need to park between cars... 

• 4 weeks later...

Had my car repaired! Spot on! 

Looks as good as new! 

New door. Door check. Door pillar frame (black plastic) 

Had to pay my excess until the claim is settled and a conclusion is reached. 

In addition to all this, I got in my car, and received a message saying to check tyre pressures. Fair enough the csr had been sat for about a week. 

Got home checked all tyre pressures. 

A puncture. A staple type piece had gone in and pierced the tyre.

Took it down to KwikFit and had it repaired for nothing :-) 

So happy to have got my car back and running! Gutted I received a puncture, but happy it's sorted. 

After having driven round in a 65' plate Toyota Aygo for the past 6 days, it was such a relief to step back into my Fez! So comfy! It's crazy! The seats hugged me, the gears were soooooo smooth and slick. The clutch is brilliant! 

The Aygo I had was the Basic Trim level, steel wheels. Bog standard. Not for me. my girlfriend rather liked it though, she liked the size of the car, the touchscreen and its rear parking camera. 

For her, yes, a good first car, although I'd prefer her to have a fiesta, but money....

Id rather her have a Pug 108, than the Aygo, they're better looking things anyway. Pick them up for quite cheap. 

Will keep everyone posted on how the insurance claim goes. 

Cookey. 

Quote:-

After having driven round in a 65' plate Toyota Aygo

Horrible little car, I had one as a courtesy car for 21 days  back in February could feel every little bump  and ripple in the road and it did not do much to help with the backache I had after my accident.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

Quote:-

After having driven round in a 65' plate Toyota Aygo

Horrible little car, I had one as a courtesy car for 21 days  back in February could feel every little bump  and ripple in the road and it did not do much to help with the backache I had after my accident.

21 days? Man! I only just managed 6days! That's true! The fiesta is so quiet. So smooth! Didn't realise how !Removed! good my fez is! Yeah the Aygo is very Tinny, Loud, the gearbox is very Clunky and harsh. 

Not sure I'd have trusted Kwik-Fit with it, but aside from that I'm glad to hear everything has been sorted! 

• Like 1

It was just a case of getting it done. Didn't want to wait, could've got worse. 

Everything bar the claim settlement, will keep you posted mate! Thanks though! 

The Pug 108 & Aygo (and Citroen C1) are 90% the same as each other.

They just have cosmetic differences.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Glad to hear you've got it back with the repairs done to your satisfaction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The Pug 108 & Aygo (and Citroen C1) are 90% the same as each other.

They just have cosmetic differences.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Very true, but the 108 looks far better than the c1 and Aygo, for her first car, it would have to be "hopefully" a fiesta, an Hyundai I10, the new Ford KA or the 108. I'll be alright with any of those for her. 

I've told her no to minis, fiat 500's, the previous KA (same car as a 500) haha! 

19 minutes ago, Dan P said:

Glad to hear you've got it back with the repairs done to your satisfaction.

Cheers mate. Yeah they've done a good job! Can't wait to get up and out today!

• 3 weeks later...

Update for you guys...

After sending my insurance two witness statements, they have e-mailed me today "

We have been in contact with the Third Party Insurers and they have advised they are continuing to dispute liability. They have rejected both witness statements that we have sent them, even though both statements hold’s their client at fault for the incident. We have requested that they fully review the statements and to consider the facts of the incident and we await their response. If they continue to dispute liability and reject our evidence, we will request that (my insurance) Law to issue proceedings against the Third Party insurers."

What an absolute joke. . . anyone? What can I do??? because I've paid my excess to the garage for repairs, obviously thinking my insurance will refund me once the third party accepts liability, now a month and bit later I get this! I feel like this is a bit of a joke? It is so obvious as to who is at fault!!!