Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.4 Exhaust Noise

Dave_TDCI

After months actually years of problems with coolant leaking in around the spark plugs in my Focus 1.4 Petrol about twice a year the problem is finally sorted. Replaced the two core plugs which were the issue and there doesn't seem to be any leak since. Strangely enough though now the exhaust sounds very loud.

About a year ago the exhaust became loud when I discovered coolant in around the spark plugs but drying it up and changing the spark plugs seemed to cure the problem. However a few months ago when i discovered coolant leaking ago the exhaust was louder than usual again. When I replaced the core plugs I also put in new spark plugs and new ignition leads but the problem still persists, it sounds almost like a performance exhaust when you rev is but not quite as loud.

Looking at the exhaust there is no visible holes or cracks and to be honest I feel the noise is more related to something to do with the engine than the actual exhaust itself. Could anyone shed a bit of light on this for me?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club