Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

BMW or Fiesta?

edwarddurrant

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum so please be nice J.

I am going to be buying a new car within the next 4 weeks and I have hit a bit of a dilemma. I have wanted a BMW 1 Series for around 3 or 4 years now and never ended up getting one. I have saved enough money now that I am in a position to buy a fairly decent one. However this would still be around 6-7 years old and around 70-80k miles and I have read many horror stories about the timing chains snapping on these which is putting me off a bit.

Anyway, my dilemma arises because for the same money I could get a 2013 fiesta with around 15-20k miles and because I will be looking to get a flat in the near future I want a car that I can have some peace of mind with and not worry about needing to fork out on something such as a snapped timing chain etc and I do feel that the fiesta would be the safer option for reliability due to the lower mileage, replaceable cambelt and personal experiences from owning fiestas. I also own a motorbike so balancing the costs on all machines is something I need to consider.

The problem I have is, aesthetically I find that the M Sport BMW is far nicer IMO and ones I have test driven do feel very nice and as I say I have wanted one for years now. I am stuck at what to do and some alternative views / opinions might open my eyes a bit.

Thanks all.

Personally looks alone here I'd get the fiesta, lower miles for your money, but then again I don't like the 1 series hatchback beemers I'll be honest with you, I don't think they look right, I like beemers don't get me wrong, but as a hatchback? Nah

Honestly if it is not a new shape 1 series do not bother your better off with a 3 series i will get the fiesta newer and more bang for buck. Another option is to look at approved used bmw dealers and get a finance new shape 1 series they are going like max 250 pm with a 3k deposit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club