Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Surprise Early Morning Police Visit

GMX

I've just had the a couple of Clive's colleagues from Dorset constabulary call round.:ohmy:

Having watched a bit of TV on iplayer, I'd gone downstairs to make a final coffee, and top up the cat's overnight snacks bowl.  Just as I entered the kitchen, somebody started banging on the front door. :ohmy: Thinking it was probably a local drunk messing about, I initially ignored it.  They continued and then pressed the door bell (which isn't working properly).  Twice before, I've had a straggler from group who has confused my house for his mate's.

To avoid Brandy launching into full bark mode, given that it was 3am, I went out to look from behind the locked driveway gates via the kitchen door, to see who it might be and direct them where they should be.  It was then I found a policeman in the drive coming up to meet me as I got to the gate. and it was his colleague who was knocking at the front door.

Somebody from here, had called 999 concerning a strange scrawny old man with an unkempt beard somewhere in the house, reported to have been last seen in the upstairs hallway.

This was news to me.:ohmy:  Brandy would've been very loud if there was an intruder/stranger in the house, particularly the upstairs hall: Brandy has been there herself for the last three hours, at the top of the stairs

I unlocked the gate and invited them in.  They asked who else lived here.  They clearly realised I was not the 999 caller.  When I mentioned my elderly mother occupies part of the house they asked for her name, which turned out to be the 999 caller.  They asked would be possible to have a word with her.  She not only had locked herself into her bedroom, she barricaded the door with a chest of drawers, a tallboy and three chairs.

It appears that in a half asleep/half awake stage, in a sort of hallucination, she had heard a voice that wasn't me, opened her bedroom door, seen and then talked to a strange scrawny old man with an unkempt beard in the upstairs hall.  Who happened to resemble a poor copy of one of my late Dad's friends of 20 years ago.  She said he wanted to come in but she quickly shut and locked her bedroom door, barricaded herself in with furniture and then called the Police.

They were responding to that call

Whilst it was obvious my Mum had hallucinated the event: just to reassure her, I showed the sergeant round the house and he checked every room for strange old bearded men whilst his colleague had a chat with her. 

Despite that, she's still convinced it happened, even though she realises it couldn't have done. 

They declined the offer of refreshment including freshly made scones and doughnuts, even though they have been that busy since starting their shift at 8pm, they haven't had time to stop. They had a further six jobs to go to after this one:sad:

I had been getting to the point of being tired until this unfolded: now I'm wide awake and there's only 1½-2 hours time left for sleeping:sad:

• Like 3

JC (Jesus) in the flesh ?

I thought it was going to be a stripper... :unsure: 

Or a distraction burglary...

Was not expecting that though!

• Like 1

Wow! Eventful morning!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club