Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Person just had Zetec s but Garage problems..Advice..

jace1969

Ok,my friend has just had a Zetec S  62 plate,red with i think its the street pack (black mirrors/black wheels/glass roof) only seen it on a picture.

When he looked at it he was sure the advert said FSH but there is no book,told them and they said they will look for it,a few days later him and his

dad went down to see them and he just come out and said there is no service history on it but he cant proove it said that as the advert has gone,he

went MAD the son did and the manager said leave the garage,he is looking into it through the main Dealer that is the main one out of the 3 garages

in the area (1 main dealer with 2 sister garages local) to see if any ford service history and if not he is stuffed,any advice like how to even get the old advert

back or how to look into it.

Also when he got the car home he checked it and no spare wheel or kit so if he had a flat there is no way to fix it and he said its not an MOT fail with

no spare and said when a car comes in he will take it out of that.

Yes it was from a VAUXHALL main dealer but the main one out the 3 where i had mine from is a Ford/Vauxhall franchise so they do both.

This was one of the smaller local Vauxhall dealers (sister) to it.

I would return the vehicle as it's sold without a service history, which is false advertisement. Either that or he could get a partial refund as without service history cannot be worth the same as one with service history.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

In some cases a removed advert can still be viewed by google cache. Google stores a cached version of most websites that is renewed every few days. However this is only useful for recently removed website content. Searching with google for the license plate number can sometimes also point you tot the original advert (especially when the car was also advertised on several car trading websites).

Another possibility is to search in the browser cache of the computer that was used to view the original advert. As long as the browser cache is not automatically emptied there may be still information stored into the browser cache.

If the advert can not be retrieved it will be very difficult to prove anything.

The Focus MK3 has a puncture repair kit as standard. This kit consists of a foam insert  which fits into the spare wheel well, a mini compressor and a bottle of puncture repair fluid.

A space saver spare wheel is a (pretty expensive) optional extra. The space saver spare wheel consists of the space saver spare wheel itself, foam plating to raise the boot floor (the space saver is bigger than the wheel well), a foam insert that fits inside the wheel, a jack and a tyre iron.

A full size spare wheel is a (even more expensive) optional extra. The full size spare wheel basically consists of the same pieces as the space saver spare wheel but has even thicker foam plating to make the full size spare wheel fit into the spare wheel well.

Whether the car should have a punture repair kit, a space saver spare wheel or a fullsize spare wheel can easily be checked on the Ford Etis website. All specifications and options of the car that are stored inside the Ford database are listed on the Etis website.

Been on Etis and car came from new with spare wheel so that's the first thing that was wrong when the person sold it.

I have tried myself on google search but just where the reg was made and just the MOT history check and stuff.

Here is another thing,does trade plates make a worn Tyre have tread to be legal (car failed MOT for worn Tyre) so he had a test drive with

a worn Tyre and no spare but person said ''its ok with the worn Tyre as i have trade plates on''car had full MOT when sold and he said he put 2 new ones on.

I wish there was a way to check the service history on this car online like you can do the MOT check even if only ford garages,this is the biggest thing.

Hi Jason

Sounds a bit of a dodgy dealer eh.

On the log book is the previous owner listed? if so maybe contact them for history. I have done this before.

Regarding trade plates, no they do not cover dodgy Tyre's. 

Was the car sold with any warranty ?  Did you do a HPI on the car ?

Seems to me as if your friend has been somewhat naive In this. Best bet would be to contact trading standards and out line what has happened to them. They love dodgy car dealers.

The garage that sold the car should be able to retrieve the service history. When I bought my focus last year I didn't realise I didn't get the service book so phoned them to be told they'd send me one. Took a few weeks but I received a service book all marked up with dates and mileages but without stamps (they only stamped the services they did on the car) they did however give me a computer print out with mileages/dates and the name of the garage that did the previous services!

• Like 1

The car was sold by a vauxhall dealer so i should say its all HPI checked.

There is 12 months warranty on the car and he took out ford service plan that he has now got it transferred to the main Ford dealer where i had my car from. As for the person its my mates cousin and i know him but only 19 and his first car  so his pride and loves it.

He is going up the main Garage Monday and taking it from there,its the ''Flag ship Garage'' where i got mine from and as for tracing the last keeper its only

had 1 keeper from new in Scotland but awaiting logbook to come back and thats the next step,also the garage said service history aint worth anything these days.

Things like this make me very,very mad as the chap is only 19 and as we all know we just look at getting the car and we all miss a few things to look at.

• Like 1

service history means nothing nowadays except if you sold it privately it 'might' give someone piece of mind but if you traded a car in with a FSH the garage won't give you any extra but they'll advertise it with a FSH to make it more attractive to a prospective buyer.

This is weird aint it as i always look at the service history on any car i get if only for the oil and filter change.

A lot of dealers don't even put it on the listing when selling it like a lot of ford/vauxhall dealers don't,well mine didn't have it on or this one what we found out.

I asked about mine and had the book with the stamps on,not all genuine stamps as a lot don't like genuine doing services,i rang up the last keeper who had mine from new and the garage what had the stamps on and all was fine,this is the next step to do on this one when he gets logbook back,i hate the garage as there just prats and customer service is 0%,for an 8k car with 1 owner i would of gone mad.

How does it stand with spare wheel/or the kit on the MOT is it a fail or advise and if there does,will the wheel have to be road legal and not flat.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

How does it stand with spare wheel/or the kit on the MOT is it a fail or advise and if there does the wheel have to be road legal and not flat.

The spare tyre or kit is not part of the MOT and is not tested

Unless it has been fitted to replace the normal wheel at the time of the MOT, in which case it would be tested as a normal wheel.  However, temporary use wheels, if fitted will fail an MOT

http://www.motester.co.uk/mot-general-information/mot-information-for-motorists/prepare-your-car-for-the-mot

13 hours ago, GMX said:

The spare tyre or kit is not part of the MOT and is not tested

Unless it has been fitted to replace the normal wheel at the time of the MOT, in which case it would be tested as a normal wheel.  However, temporary use wheels, if fitted will fail an MOT

http://www.motester.co.uk/mot-general-information/mot-information-for-motorists/prepare-your-car-for-the-mot

so you could have a flat and cause more hassle and time just because you aint got some sort of repair kit/wheel.

Also if you test drive a car with dealer and you have a worn Tyre can you get had or does trade plates cover a test drive.

Trade plates cover tax and registration only. Insurance is often covered by the dealer but it's best to ensure you have the right to drive vehicles on your policy.

Defects with the vehicle are the responsibility of the driver, not the seller. If you get into a car with a defective tyre and dealer adverts painted on the window you can and will be penalised with three points and fine for the tyre and separate fine for driving with visual impairment of the windscreen.

It's your responsibility as a driver to ensure the vehicle you handle is roadworthy.

As for the op hopefully the service history is sorted soon, if ford dealt with the services they can just print out the stuff, UK that doesn't account for tyres or replacement parts etc done outside of Ford. That said service history isn't everything.

I bought my car with no service history but with some history such as clutch replacements and other receipts, cars done 30k and can do a lot more since, bought it with 110k on the clock and so far it still serves me well. Nothing major is a problem at the moment, other than the egr snapping off lol, otherwise the rest is wear and tear.

• Like 1

So if you go to a garage and the person said you can take it for a test drive you have to go around the car checking stuff like lights/Tyre as this

is what he did until he looked online at the past mot and said failed on bad worn Tyre and when he had the car the person said they put 2 new tyres

on when he went to pick it up which was 4 days later.

Being bank holiday and i hope it will be sorted as i don't like things like this,i stop away as if i open my mouth god know what will come out.

Regardless of history, you must check the car before driving and ensure its fit for driving. Two new tyres could have been put on 6 months ago and since then he could have used it as his own car for a few months and clubbed it on a kerb.

Regardless of the seller, the company or the history, you must check the basic functionality and roadworthiness of a vehicle before driving it

Of course you don't need to test fog lights on a sunny day, but the basics must be checked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeebowhite said:

Regardless of history, you must check the car before driving and ensure its fit for driving. Two new tyres could have been put on 6 months ago and since then he could have used it as his own car for a few months and clubbed it on a kerb.

Regardless of the seller, the company or the history, you must check the basic functionality and roadworthiness of a vehicle before driving it

Of course you don't need to test fog lights on a sunny day, but the basics must be checked.

Thats good to know as i did think being on a Garage and being a Genuine garage legal would be there 100% priority but i never knew that.

He did pop up the main place and Manager went mad,first thing is that a vauxhall dealer should not do a ford service plan,that garage aint got the ford

franchise but swoped it over to them which is a ford dealer,second about there customer service and the service history and is looking into it when log book

comes back,the manager is going to ring them direct and let them know what goes on as it gives the ford side a bad name being there a main dealer.

These how the Garages work........1 Main dealer (Ford and Vauxall main franchise dealer) with 2 X Vauxhall dealers local (sells mainly vauxhall and a few others)

Friend had his car from one of the small ones but the Big boss is at the Main dealer,i had mine from the Main dealer and nice people and Family run.

• Like 1