Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rubber door seal

scotty79

hi folks, the seal along the underside of the rear passenger door is coming off, i can stick it back on but after a few days it just comes off again, i still have my 2 month warranty from buying the car, would this be under that cover and is it a simple fix or would they just replace the whole rubber seal?

thanks in advance

Best thing would be to approach them and ask. It can hardly be considered a consumable item so do ask about it under warranty.

i'm on my way home from work so will try get over to ask them, want to see if there's an update for the stereo they'll do as well

This is a known problem of the Focus MK3.

The problem is caused by the reinforcement wire that is vulcanised within the rubber seal. this reinforcement wire is stretched during production of the rubber seals. During time the reinforcement wire crimps which causes the rubber seals to come loose.

There is a Ford TSB that describes this problem and the instructions prescribed by Ford to fix this problem. To fix this problem there is no need to replace the seals. The vulcanised reinforcement wire needs to be cut at several places. When doing this you actually hear the wire snap. Next the loose rubber seal needs to be glued back into place using a special 2-components adhesive. The curing time of this adhesive is approximately 5 hours. During this time the rubber seals must be secured by using some tape and the car can not be used.

Rubber seals are covered by the Ford warranty for only 1 Year. These parts are considered to be subject of wear. In this case the seller of the car is responsible for the warranty. Whether it is covered under warranty or not depends on the sellers warranty regulations the buyer agreed with.

• Like 1

hate to rain on your comments guys but mine came off, and it isnt covered under warranty 

you need an impact adhesive and some tape,  use some spirit cleaner to remove all the old glue residue on the metal and the seal ,  then put glue on both parts and leave for a few minutes, then re attach and tape up  but not over tight,.  leave for a few hours then it should be fixed.

i went into my local ford dealer yesterday, they did say it was covered but i need to phone the service department on monday so will double check with them before booking it in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club