Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Insurance For 2 Cars

Turvey

Next Thursday we're picking up a new to us second car. Now, this is the first time we've been in the position to have 2 cars and we're not sure what the best thing to do regarding insurance.

Do you insure the second car on it's own or do you go back to the original insurer and add another car to it? Or any other method of doing it?

You'd usually insure the 2nd car on it's own, unless its a multicar policy or only a temporary car you can't add it to existing insurance. 

However you can't use NCB more than once.  BUT some companies will 'mirror' your NCB so you effectively still get the discount. 

Cheers Tom..........again! :smile:

Currently the Focus is in my name with Mrs Turvey as a named driver, I'll keep it like that, I assume I can just do the same with the new car as well? 

Think I just happen to be the only one on here atm! :biggrin: 

Yes you can do exactly the same with the new car, as long as you will still be the main driver of both, if Mrs Turvey will be driving the new car more than you then she should really be the main driver and you named, but I'm sure you already knew that lol.

It depends on your insurer but with LV I found it cheaper to have two separate policies, one with the actual NCB on the Mk2 and the mirrored one on the Mk1: than a multi-car policy with both Foci on it.

But then again I don't multiple named drivers for each Focus,

I usual use ins co Elephant. I have found that they award NCB to second named drivers which is brill. Also a very good company  Give them a try as it matters not who is the main driver as both get the same NCD

http://www.elephant.co.uk/?&media=adeie&cm_mmc=Google-_-PPC-_-CarInsurance-_-ElephantBrand&gclid=CO2CgJ7n484CFcMp0wod0sQMug

• Like 1

Elephant, bell and diamond are all part of the same group so the conditions may be the same e as joss mentioned above

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.