Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI 08 lower suspension arm

TomRickers

Hello,

Been experiencing suspension issues on my 08 Focus, I was told by the garage that I require a new lower suspension arm. I have been looking online to buy the part and find two different parts for my car. One has a 18mm ball joint and the other has a 22mm? Both say they are for my car but I cannot decide which one I should buy?

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Tom

Either ask the garage to have a quick look and tell you which size you need, Or pop in to your local ford garage and ask them to confirm the correct size using your Vin or car reg details.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joss max said:

Hi Tom

Either ask the garage to have a quick look and tell you which size you need, Or pop in to your local ford garage and ask them to confirm the correct size using your Vin or car reg details.

Cheers mate, ill see about going down the ford garage this week. Hopefully they will know the answer. :) 

• Like 1

I did have a search around Tom and yes it is confusing. The majority suggest 18mm but check to be on the safe side. Let us know how you get on. May be helpful to others.

8 minutes ago, Joss max said:

I did have a search around Tom and yes it is confusing. The majority suggest 18mm but check to be on the safe side. Let us know how you get on. May be helpful to others.

Yea I've been researching also... A couple things I read say that the different size ball joint is dependent on whether or not the car has Xenon headlights? Found this info on forums and on the Euro Car Parts website. I'm no expert but I can't understand why the headlights would effect the size of a ball joint on the suspension. My car is fitted with xenon lights, and as these are an optional extra, I wonder if mine is a different size from the 'majority' who have 18mm like you said. Perhaps mine is the 22mm?? 

The mystery continues until after the bank holiday...

• Like 1

I have since spoke to ford and bought the correct part.

The control arm has a 21mm ball joint for my 2008 1.8tdci incase anyone else is wondering.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club