Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet catch

pragmatix

I'm getting a bonnet open msg , it's not so I suspect the bonnet catch sensor has failed, looked at the catch and it's pretty corroded, how easy is it to change and will this fit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131738883821?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT seems cheap

Yes it's easy to change, 2 bolts sensor wire and operating cable to undo, not changed it yet, but working on the premise that the sensor is a simple open or shut switch I've shorted out the contacts in the plug, this has removed the Bonnet Open msg., I'll report back on the cheap catch when I get it.

• 1 month later...

Think I need to replace my bonnet catch. How did you get on with that cheap bonnet catch from eBay? Was it an easy job to replace?

Yea as I said just Two bolts, sensor wire and operating cable to disconnect, unbolt then you will see how to disconnect the other bits,. Cheap catch working ok so far.

20 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Yea as I said just Two bolts, sensor wire and operating cable to disconnect, unbolt then you will see how to disconnect the other bits,. Cheap catch working ok so far.

Cool, thanks