Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiesta 140ps Red Edition Modifications

pringle1987

So tonight I went for a drive with a friends whose got an st2 mp215! Obviously the st was faster but I was pleasantly surprised how little the difference was! The little 3 pot lost when it hit 5th gear other than that the st was marginally pulling away! This was more than likely down to the efficiency of the st driver than the car however, it made me smile :D

• Like 2

No trouble at all! Plug and play edfectively! Took 15 mins to install and then job done! Thoroughly impressed with the result!

On 29 August 2016 at 9:39 AM, pringle1987 said:

image.jpeg

I've just noticed that your steering wheel has piano black trim rather than fake chrome. Is that how it comes on the red edition or did you spray/wrap it? If it's a factory part I will have to order one to match my factory radio fascia and door handles. 

10 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

I've just noticed that your steering wheel has piano black trim rather than fake chrome. Is that how it comes on the red edition or did you spray/wrap it? If it's a factory part I will have to order one to match my factory radio fascia and door handles. 

That is indeed the standard factory finish on the red edition

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fraserrg said:

Car looks good mate. Link for the wheel centre caps? And also your air-filter box did u just spray with any old red paint or?

Link for all badges is on page 1 of post mate motormodz I believe it was! The air box I bought from a scrap yard and the paint was the matching spray paint colour from Halfords! Primed then sprayed bud!

Hey All,

iv also got a 140 black edition and I'm looking to get the bluefin superchips which increases the BHP by 37 and the torque by 77,

is it really worth it ? I'm a little scared about all these people saying its a crazy amount of strain on a 1.0 and the engine won't last as long but on the other hand super chips are a very trusted company and therefor they only up your BHP and torque within the safety permitter of your car therefor ramping it is fine.

I have looked at so many reviews about doing it for this car and iv seen such good feedback.

has anyone had any problems or is there anything i should consider before remaping ? there are a lot of people telling me i need to upgrade my exhaust, intercooler and intake before remapping or in blow up my engine,

iv already upgraded to a K&N panel filter months ago which is very good a must say and feels like its added a little BHP if not only 1-2 haha.

any feedback would be great thanks.

21 hours ago, Voilex said:

Hey All,

iv also got a 140 black edition and I'm looking to get the bluefin superchips which increases the BHP by 37 and the torque by 77,

is it really worth it ? I'm a little scared about all these people saying its a crazy amount of strain on a 1.0 and the engine won't last as long but on the other hand super chips are a very trusted company and therefor they only up your BHP and torque within the safety permitter of your car therefor ramping it is fine.

I have looked at so many reviews about doing it for this car and iv seen such good feedback.

has anyone had any problems or is there anything i should consider before remaping ? there are a lot of people telling me i need to upgrade my exhaust, intercooler and intake before remapping or in blow up my engine,

iv already upgraded to a K&N panel filter months ago which is very good a must say and feels like its added a little BHP if not only 1-2 haha.

any feedback would be great thanks.

I had the very same concerns but decided to buy the bullet and go for it! The gains are very noticeable and put a smile on your face! yes technically any mod will put extra strain that wasn't accounted for on the engine however it all depends on how you drive it! all together in very impressed with the bluefin and would recommend it

9 minutes ago, pringle1987 said:

I had the very same concerns but decided to buy the bullet and go for it! The gains are very noticeable and put a smile on your face! yes technically any mod will put extra strain that wasn't accounted for on the engine however it all depends on how you drive it! all together in very impressed with the bluefin and would recommend it

cheers buddy, called up bluefin and asked a couple of question and tbh i think I'm gunna go for it :)

il let you know my thoughts when i get it :)

thank you for your help!

So...

After all the work id done far I've a rather different update! After leaving my house I drove 20ft down the road and a JCB came out from behind a lorry and goes into the side of me. Luckily the damage caused was from the barriers he was carrying as apposed to the JCB forks themselves or it would have been a different story!

Car is now with ford and awaiting the outcome on repair etc...

Its not a major amount of damage but I'm told it could be quite costly due to the location and nature of the damage! Waiting to hear the result!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

looks nasty fella but the main thing is you are ok. hopefully ford can fix your car

luckily the company of the digger driver took full responsibility for the incident which they had to! however it's lucky they didn't try dispute anything esp when they'd no leg to stand on!

The quote came to just under £4000 and their insurance has approved the repairs to be carried out! Just waiting for it to be done now and will have it back shortly!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2016 at 1:04 AM, pringle1987 said:

luckily the company of the digger driver took full responsibility for the incident which they had to! however it's lucky they didn't try dispute anything esp when they'd no leg to stand on!

The quote came to just under £4000 and their insurance has approved the repairs to be carried out! Just waiting for it to be done now and will have it back shortly!

£4K damnnnnnn, atleast it isn't your money and they admitted the fault!

• Like 1