Do Not Sell My Personal Information

14 plate 1.0 ecoboost windows misting up

Bowser

Hi folks looking for some help please. The winscreen and side windows have recently started misting up heavily as soon as I turn the heater up out of the blue area. You can actually taste and smell the moisture in the air. Any ideas for a fix? Will soon be too cold to run around with the heating down!

Air con, do you have it? If yes then by the sounds of it the aircon dryer may need some lovin. This is what takes moisture out of the air, which could be the cause of misting up.

Opps hello to you and welcome to FOC Greg

Edited by Joss max
added detail

9 hours ago, Bowser said:

The winscreen and side windows have recently started misting up heavily as soon as I turn the heater up

Check you are not losing any coolant. A leak is unlikely, you would smell anti-freeze, but just eliminate that.

Misting up often happens if the air recirc system is in use. There is usually a button for this. Or the damper inside the heater could be stuck in the recirculation position.

The air recirculation button is off, but when I turn it on the fan noise doesn't change at all like it usually does. Air con is on all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowser said:

air recirculation button is off, but when I turn it on the fan noise doesn't change

When the recirc damper is working, it should be just possible to hear a little whir or click as it operates when the switch is pressed. If the light on the recirc button goes on & off, then the switch works.

On the Mk3 Focus, the recirc damper is controlled by an electronic module that is part of the heater switch assembly. If the a/c and other functions work, it is not likely to be a fuse. Testing this electronic unit would require some electrical knowledge & a meter, especially if it is the climate control version. It could be a connector in the module, or wiring, or the damper door motor, or the damper door.

If it is the damper door or motor, it is a bit of a pig to get to, the entire fascia may have to come out. Whether a real expert can access it by feel, from the side, I don't know, but if this recirc damper is stuck, it will have to be fixed, or you will have to keep windows open all the time. sad.png

• Like 1

Under warranty if there's a fault with heater functions

• Like 1

at 2 years old your cars aircon is prob in need of service + replacement cabin filter anyway , start with some basic maintenance first if all the controls seem to be working.

you'll be amazed at how air quality can improve from doing those 2 jobs........