Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1L 125PS Intercooler Replacement?

.#Crash

Hi!

I own a Ford Fiesta 1L EcoBoost (2013) and I've just noticed how badly the condition of my intercooler is when cleaning my cars grill at the front. I'm interested in replacing the intercooler and I've come across Mountune's version, I think it'd be great considering it uses all the original fittings, etc however it is an upgrade - something I don't want to do if it considers declaring it on the insurance.

TL;DR I'm just looking for something to replace the current intercooler. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm not up on intercoolers but I'm concerned why such a new car has an intercooler in poor condition. Can you be more specific as to the condition?

Also, you will need to declare any changes to your insurance company regardless of whether or not it enhances performance. Only consumable parts like better quality bulbs or Wiper Blades are exempt really. Fitting HIDS for example would need declaring. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware of having to declare changes, but as long as it's OEM I'm fine. As for the intercooler, I've seen some fins, especially in a group, mashed together as if you've took a blunt object and hit it.. I know it's probably stones that's done this, but maybe this sort of damage can decrease performance, especially if it's all over the intercooler in some other places (not as bad).

I've attached an image so you can see.

IMG_20160829_152503.jpg

Personally I would get a garage to give it a once over before buying a replacement. If not a Ford dealer, go to a good local garage and get their opinion.

Nothing wrong with that. Wont affect cooling efficiency by much at all