Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3000 traffic displaying "1hour"

oneyearwonder

i have just fitted a replacement ford 3000 traffic head unit to my works van, the new one is a slightly different model with the volume knob, when i turn it on either with or withoug ignition on it displays "1hour" for a few seconds

i have put the code in which i assume is right as before it displayed "code"

does anyone know why it shows this 1 hour message?

thanks all

i should also add that the unit seems to be fully working after displaying this message, but still shows it very time i turn off and on again

ta

i have just fitted a replacement ford 3000 traffic head unit to my works van, the new one is a slightly different model with the volume knob, when i turn it on either with or withoug ignition on it displays "1hour" for a few seconds

i have put the code in which i assume is right as before it displayed "code"

does anyone know why it shows this 1 hour message?

thanks all

i should also add that the unit seems to be fully working after displaying this message, but still shows it very time i turn off and on again

ta

Hi the 1 hour is a feature

it is a sleep timer if you have the ignition OFF the 1 hour timer kicks in and after an hour it turns off the radio to save the battery as the key is not in you may have gone away and left the radio on

If your radio does NOT come on with the key I think you have a ignition wire problem to the radio hence it always shows 1 Hour

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/9897/stereoford8hx.jpg quadlock

that is the wiring diagram for the plugs or

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/Wiring_...6000-wiring.jpg the early one

check you have a wire that the power goes on and off with the ignition

the ford radio you have needs TWO power wires 1 permantly on for the memory and clock and 1 hour timer That you have

it also need an ignition wire to turn the radion on with the key

it may be only the radio fuse in your fuse box

If you are short of an ignition controled feed try the cigerette lighter socket a lot of Ford have ign control feed on them then a link from there to the correct pin on radio would do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club