Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Free discounts 'cheat'

jeebowhite

Hi guys something I learned and thought to share, though not guaranteed everywhere, lots of places I have visited do this....

So if you are shopping but your not in any hurry to buy whatever you are after try this....

Log in or create an account with whoever (say euro car parts for example), when logged in, you need to have cookies enabled for this to work.

Stick whatever you want in the basket and then close the browser. That's it.

Now, the server sees you were going to buy but you didn't. After a day or so you get a reminder or two you left something in your basket and remind you its there. Then after 3 or 4 days you could well get a discount code to entice you to buy.

It's not guaranteed everywhere but a fair few places have done it for me over the years. Euro car parts offer a 15% voucher after about 3 days.

Enjoy :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Top tip There James

I have benefited from this sort of deal inadvertently when ordering computer parts. Items in basket and had to leave without checking out.

Few re minders and then a discount offer.

So sound advice indeed.

• Like 1

Use their HOLIDAY30 code and get 30% without having to wait! 

• Like 1

At the moment you can but this tip works for many other places as well.

• Like 1

On 30 August 2016 at 8:41 AM, jeebowhite said:

Hi guys something I learned and thought to share, though not guaranteed everywhere, lots of places I have visited do this....

So if you are shopping but your not in any hurry to buy whatever you are after try this....

Log in or create an account with whoever (say euro car parts for example), when logged in, you need to have cookies enabled for this to work.

Stick whatever you want in the basket and then close the browser. That's it.

Now, the server sees you were going to buy but you didn't. After a day or so you get a reminder or two you left something in your basket and remind you its there. Then after 3 or 4 days you could well get a discount code to entice you to buy.

It's not guaranteed everywhere but a fair few places have done it for me over the years. Euro car parts offer a 15% voucher after about 3 days.

Enjoy :)

Did this buying my Brembo disks & pads from ECP about 6 weeks ago and got an email with my discount :)

• Like 1

It's a little detail, they want your custom they know if you were happy to buy at full whack the first reminder would have done, I randomly do this to see if they would give a bigger discount lol