Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

BE AWARE...another scam email out there...

jace1969

Had another email saying i owe a lot of money and to contact them and for the invoice to open link below which says....gov.uk but the address aint t  gov.uk.

Dont open link as its a virus as i had one a nice few months ago and it was on the news about it,my antivirus blocked part of it but not the writing side.

It looks so real in all ways its just the link what is the problem,no department would say the amount on email or send any links out unless you rang them first.

My golden rule for emails is simple:

If I've never had dealings with the sender before then I don't open it. No-one in this world is giving stuff or money away for free.

And yes jace, even if it's from a seemingly reliable company source I always check the sender's email address before opening. More often than not it will originate in another country or it just won't look right. Any gov.uk department that says you owe them money or they owe you money will contact you by post even if they have your email address. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, chris1200 said:

My golden rule for emails is simple:

If I've never had dealings with the sender before then I don't open it. No-one in this world is giving stuff or money away for free.

And yes jace, even if it's from a seemingly reliable company source I always check the sender's email address before opening. More often than not it will originate in another country or it just won't look right. Any gov.uk department that says you owe them money or they owe you money will contact you by post even if they have your email address. 

You are so true,to a lot of people these look so real and scare you into opening the link,hands up,i did it a nice while ago and open it like a fool but virus scan

blocked the file i opened so a good virus scan/firewall does work.

• Like 1

I should add that the one I got from the Nigerian prince was genuine enough. He's giving me £5m just for handling a gold transaction for him. All I had to do was give him my bank account details and now I'm just waiting for the cash to come through! lol

• Like 1

I get more than one of these every day.

Most recent clever scam I've seen isn't even from a bot, but from a person pretending to be the MD of the company I work for asking accounts to make a payment. Fortunately it didn't get that far.

Sure a lot of people out there knows not to open a invoice link,saying that i did the first time lol.

But they look so real and even the name and email looks ok but you have to look very deep into it.

They would never send the amount on email and as the Gov.uk  says online is they would always post and would never send links or state amount.

The last one i had i rang up the firm and he said he is getting 100's of calls a day about the same thing,this was about 6 months ago,just a scam.

The more people report these scam emails the better! After reporting any such email scam, block that email address so you never get it again.

• Like 1

Tbh there's another one which pops up if you visit this site or other car forums, it states your phone is 28.1% affected by a virus from visits to too many adult sites :lol: i dont visit any! it names the type phone you've got and instructs you to visit their website,  I just shut everything down and restart when that one pops up tbh. Pretty convincing that one, but don't fall for it

I find Gmail great at filtering such rubbish in to spam folder.

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

it states your phone is 28.1% affected by a virus from visits to too many adult sites :lol: i dont visit any! 

Tell us ow't you naughty boy :wink:

I did have a free virus scan which are good but this Kaspersky Total security is amazing and loads of setting.

Seem to be a lot more about these days trying to com you out of money.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club