Do Not Sell My Personal Information

any auto electricians that can install a dashcam ? bucks/oxfordshire

shiwarrior

Thinking about buying a thinkware F770 front & Rear dash cam, but I cant get it done at my house, so need to install it elsewhere

Is there anyone on the forums that can do this around my area ?

thanks kindly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shiwarrior said:

Thinking about buying a thinkware F770 front & Rear dash cam, but I cant get it done at my house, so need to install it elsewhere

Is there anyone on the forums that can do this around my area ?

thanks kindly

This may help:

Thanks Lenny, I've seen that guide before, its good, but im not good with things like this otherwise id do it myself  lol

• Like 1

Lenny, do you think installing a dashcam into the fuse box via fuse wire is the same as "hardwearing"  ? because I can do that myself, but I wont be able to install the rear

need to get surveillance in my car ASAP (I have my reasons for this)

18 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

Lenny, do you think installing a dashcam into the fuse box via fuse wire is the same as "hardwearing"  ? because I can do that myself, but I wont be able to install the rear

need to get surveillance in my car ASAP (I have my reasons for this)

This method is a form of hardwiring and to be honest; it's a safer way of hard wiring because it has the fuse meaning id somthing goes wrong the fuse will die instead of your car going on fire which could be the case if hard wired was in to live cables without a fuse to protect.

oh right, I wasn't aware of that, thanks Lenny

If I do it this way, I know the cig lighter (and the one under the arm rest) are always on, doing the fuse box way it will be off until I switch the ignition on, parking mode will work like this then I take it ? (same as hard wiring which it requires)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

oh right, I wasn't aware of that, thanks Lenny

If I do it this way, I know the cig lighter (and the one under the arm rest) are always on, doing the fuse box way it will be off until I switch the ignition on, parking mode will work like this then I take it ? (same as hard wiring which it requires)

Yep 

even the wiper fuse stays live when the car is locked despite not operational themselves without the engine running.

what I'm trying to say is; most fuses remain live when car is parked and locked aswell as when running.

I'm off to sleep now been working last night and up since 16:00 yesterday 😩

• Like 1