Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

SierraYankee99

Logging in

49 posts in this topic

Why does it always take 2 login attempts before it actually logs me in?

Each time I log in it says you have been logged in as SierraYankee99 please wait while we forward you......

Then it forwards me to where I was before with the same login option. Its the same whether I login at work on IE or home on Firefox.

1 attempt is all it takes me to log in.

Perhaps you should create a thread twice as well?

Seeing as your work and (home?) other PC are having the same issue, it must be an account specific issue. Did you PM admin?

Why should I PM admin, this forums is for the specific type of post. It doesnt matter where I login (work, home, girlfriends) I still get the same problem. Its not a biggy just annoying. I just thought someone from Admin would have posted a reply within 3 days of my OP. Never mind.

Apologies that you feel ignored - there are two admin members on this site and neither have been around in the past few days. I have only just seen your post myself and am unable to help I'm afraid.

I will PM Vinny - at the end of the day if the admins don't visit the site they won't see a post, whereas a PM notification will be sent to them by email.

Apologies that you feel ignored - there are two admin members on this site and neither have been around in the past few days. I have only just seen your post myself and am unable to help I'm afraid.

I will PM Vinny - at the end of the day if the admins don't visit the site they won't see a post, whereas a PM notification will be sent to them by email.

I'm aware of how a forum works matey, I'm also aware of the commitment a forum takes to run (I used to be webmaster at another Ford forum). Like I said, never mind.

Oh well that's good then, I'm really glad I could help.

Flamin' 'eck - I wish I hadn't bothered. You ask a question - I try and get you an answer because you're complaining that you haven't got one, but that's not good enough either.

Grow up, I said Im glad you feel you helped, I said twice before it didnt matter and I still havent got an answer.

I just thought someone from Admin would have posted a reply within 3 days of my OP. Never mind.

I'm aware of how a forum works matey, I'm also aware of the commitment a forum takes to run (I used to be webmaster at another Ford forum). Like I said, never mind.
Grow up, I said Im glad you feel you helped, I said twice before it didnt matter and I still havent got an answer.

DanGull does make a valid point up top, that you may have missed out when reading the replies (it's easily done).

If Admin don't pop onto the site, they won't see your thread (especially being in a forum for 'Site Requests' rather than 'Account Requests'); however, if you drop them a PM, they get an email sent to them. I assume the forums you've run before also work in this way?

So if it doesn't matter, why do you need an answer?

It doesnt matter, and I dont need an answer I was merely pointing out that despite DanGulls PM to admin it still hasnt stirred admin.

When I ran a forum I made sure I popped on daily to check everything was running ok and no-one was having problem. Thats the commitment I made by agreeing to run it.

I'd ask if someone could lock this now, as its getting to be a typical slagging me off type thread that steered me away from a lot of forums several months ago, but as we've seen no admin are around to kill it.

Hi all,

Many apologies for the my delayed response.

I am currently in Littleport, and been fully replacing my pregnant sisters bathroom for her so finding time to pop on the forums and thouroughly look through all posts has been a bit of a job.

I appreciate how annoying log in problems are, and will try my best to help.

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you attempt to log in?

Have you cleared all cookies and tried from there?

Again many apologies for the late reply

Hi, yes I've cleared all cookies, browsing history etc. At home I have a dynamic IP but works is through a static proxy server. As stated I login it goes to "You are being logged in as SierraYankee99 please wait....."yada yada yada. Then it hasnt logged me in at all and just takes me back to the guest view forum with the login again. Everything is ok at home as I tick keep me logged in, but when my IP refreshes I have to login again.

Very strange, i'll have a think about it but cant see why it would be doing this

Lol, All i gotta do is comment it works lol,

Hopefully it will work now.

Not sure why it didnt

Its been doing it for ages. Like I said no biggy, just annoying, especially when I only have 30 mins for lunch and have several forums to check and emails to do lol

it is a cookie problem and having dynamic IP.

I have adjusted cookie settings which should fix the issue. If it doesnt please pm me.

it is a cookie problem and having dynamic IP.

I have adjusted cookie settings which should fix the issue. If it doesnt please pm me.

Right as per advised and sarcy comments in this thread I did indeed PM Steve a week ago saying I'm still experiencing it. Just so everyone knows, PMing Admin doesnt get you a result any quicker than posting a thread, indeed it takes longer!!!

Right as per advised and sarcy comments in this thread I did indeed PM Steve a week ago saying I'm still experiencing it. Just so everyone knows, PMing Admin doesnt get you a result any quicker than posting a thread, indeed it takes longer!!!

Still longer and no reply. Something else I'm noticing. When I leave the forum then come back it tells me all my posts I made on the last visit are new posts.

Hmmm, to be honest i aint spoke to Steve for a while but this thread is noted in the Admins area for him to look at too