Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Direct Line or Adrian Flux?

lloydyyy

Looking for some advice. My car insurance is due for renewal in a few days. The two cheapest quotes are:

Direct Line
£150 accidental damage excess
£10 windscreen repair excess
£70 windscreen replacement excess
£323 total premium - £30 cashback = £293 after cashback

Adrian Flux
£250 accidental damage excess
£25 windscreen repair excess
£80 windscreen replacement excess
£300 total premium

Both companies have offered a courtesy car, PNCB, legal cover and for the same estimated mileage.

My thoughts are - Direct Line is cheaper after cashback, but for a difference of £7, the policy with Adrian Flux would have to be cheaper with them or elsewhere come the next renewal. What are your thoughts?

Ignoring the £23 difference (pre cashback); the Direct Line policy has lower excesses.  For the sake of less than £2 p/m (pre cashback); I was thinking of taking the lower excess one.  The policy offered by Adrian Flux is underwritten by Markerstudy Ltd. Just checked their Defaqto rating; 1 star. I thought it would've been higher seeing as Adrian Flux are quite reputable.

I was quoted from Adrian Flux and it was underwritten by markerstudy. Looked in to them and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

You can always ask Adrian flux if they can quote you a different underwriter, if not it's a no brainer imo.

• Like 2

I had dealings years ago with markerstudy coincidentally through direct line my own insurers,  everything had to go via snailmail as that's how markerstudy work apparently, and it drew that claim out into months rather than weeks. I had another claim recently, done and dusted in 2 weeks start to finish, as unless there's a dispute,  direct line will do everything over the phone - no paperwork your end at all.

Direct line get a +1 from me, Adrian flux nah-uh

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  Think I'll stick with Direct Line.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club