Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Unfortunately yours the Bluetooth only, without USB, the port on that just for the updates... i had same before...

aha, so would need to buy a new module, cables and fiddle with the software and in theory this will work? has anyone else upgraded from this module?

checked mine and it's the 8M5T-19G488-AM model, which unfortunately i believe wont do usb, so would need to buy the new module. ahwell, trip to the scrapyard this weekend to se what i can find. cheers for your help guys.

• 2 weeks later...

If i swap over head unit, display and bluetooth module from a titanium into a style+ is this likely to work?

sorry - double post - see next message please

@ chrsmi : sorry I don't know

Hi there.

I have a Ford Fiesta without USB plug next to the Aux plug.

Anyway, there is an usb plug near the glovebox.

When I plug my USB stick in it, the screen says "usb initialization" or something. When it's done, I press "Aux" button several times but nothing happens.

But my USB stick works fine with another Ford Fiesta, which has USB plug next to Aux plug.

Do you think it could work with my Fiesta if I follow digidash's steps with replaced steps 13&14 ? Are the two parameters correct and sufficient?

Big thanks in advance!

Damn!!!!!!

I just went to garage.

Unluckily it fails when downloading the modified configuration to the car.

Only 1 parameter has been changed successfully

Then we tryed like 4 time changing the other parameter (bluetooth module I think)

This does not help: nothing happens when I press Aux button several times.

Any idea what I could do?

Of course I have the 8M5T-19C112-xx module!

Thanks a lot in advance

I have a feeling this was always destined not to work...

Anyone has 8M5T-19C112-xx module but not working USB?

Any idea what I could do?

It's interesting you had this problem - I think the Ford software might be buggy! I had a similar problem in that the "CD Player fitted" setting got reset, so the USB worked but the thing refused to acknowledge it had a CD Player! They solved the problem by downloading the original factory configuration from Ford (somehow - not sure how this is done) and then re-enabling the two bluetooth parameters.

Failing that, perhaps it's possible to download the factory configuration of a car of identical spec that had BT/USB fitted from the factory and put that configuration into yours - I'm not sure.

I did manage to get mine working eventually, so don't despair!

Colin

Great news I will try this when I get back from vacation (~25 august)

See you!

• 3 months later...

Morning All,

I've just found this thread and forum and joined to ask whether I can also have the USB connection. I have the standard 6 button radio without bluetooth or USB, can I add USB or do I have to upgrade the radio to the one with the telephone keypad?

I also looked behind the glovebox, but I can't see this module everyone is posting about, presumably I don't have it to start with, but what cables am I looking for that will connect it if I get one?

Cheers,

Simon

It's underneath the glovebox, in the footwell. There are two clips holding a plastic panel in place. And if you do have a bluetooth module, it's mounted on it.

Nope, no BT module. I think it's going to be easier and cheaper to go aftermarket. My local Ford dealer want around £600 to upgrade the radio unit, whilst that would be nice because it would look nice there are adapter plates out there. Has anyone seen one of the Connect2 fascia plates installed, do they look particularly grim, or is it liveable with?

Decisions, double height radio or single!

Hi

Just my idea but why dont you just download a configuration for a car that already has bluetooth and usb installed and working cant this be done.

Jamie

I had a Parrot fitted for less than £200. All the same stuff. MKi9100. It's brilliant.

+1 on that Guys the Parrot MKi9100 is the best kit on the market in terms of usability, compatibility and reliability cool.gif

please note, if purchasing this kit or any parrot kit,

you will also need to purchase an ISO cable to link the system to your stereo system, saves cutting any cables in your car,

all you need to connect is the 12v power supply.

parrot are a French company owned by Nokia another name you can trust tongue.gif

another useless piece of off-topic information

I had a Parrot fitted for less than £200. All the same stuff. MKi9100. It's brilliant.

Did you have the UNIKA module fitted as well? Though having looked at it it seems to complicate things slightly, but does away with the Parrot remote?

How ameanable were the fitters to putting the bits where you want them? I want the parrot screen in the little cubby behind the gear lever and the USB/iPod connection cables to come out in the "secret" hole.

+1 on that Guys the Parrot MKi9100 is the best kit on the market in terms of usability, compatibility and reliability cool.gif

you will also need to purchase an ISO cable to link the system to your stereo system, saves cutting any cables in your car,

parrot are a French company owned by Nokia another name you can trust tongue.gif

How do you connect the 12v supply? I think I might get it fitted, but then I'd fret that while the hidden stuff is done properly they might fit the visible bits where they want and not where I want.

If you have a Bluetooth module, why just use the Bluetooth steaming?

I installed a high end module and usb, port, lead, but i use my Samsung galaxy s with Bluetooth hands free, and steam music...

Did you have the basic module to begin with? If so, did the bluetooth streaming work straight away or did it require a software update?

Did you have the basic module to begin with? If so, did the bluetooth streaming work straight away or did it require a software update?

I had changed my module to the higher one, but if you close to Bristol we can have a look on yours...

I had changed my module to the higher one, but if you close to Bristol we can have a look on yours...

I have the basic module, so if I were to upgrade I'd need the USB port, cables and fascia. Do you work at a dealership? Bristol's not too far from me.

I have the basic module, so if I were to upgrade I'd need the USB port, cables and fascia. Do you work at a dealership? Bristol's not too far from me.

No i`m not work in the dealership... for using the USB you will need the higher module too, but i think for the bluetooth steaming may be not, we can have a look with the IDS...

Hi Lenny, I've got a Parrot MKi9200 waiting to go in, with an Autoleads SOT connector. Having played with the leads and connectors on the kitchen table I think I can see how it works, and it doesn't seem to need to be wired into the 12v supply, the plugs do it all. I hope... Anyway, the question I have is, whith your setup, do you get telephone muting on the radio with the Parrot kit, and which mute connection did you use, I have a choice of three, white, yellow or blue I think they are, but they don't seem to correspond with anything in the SOT lead. Slightly worried I've bought the wrong adapter, maybe I should have got an official Parrot one.

Cheers,

Simon.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a little confused (I don't have a car with anything, but I'm going to try to retrofit it)

Some talk about a USB-port at the glovebox. Where is this located exactly (pictures?), and what is it connected to?

I was under the impression that the USB-port next to the 3,5mm line-in AUX is connected to this:

nf3g3.jpg

The bluetooth unit I've got, is not the one with supposed "USB connectivity", so maybe it's just lacking a port for the other one?

iz40lx.jpg

If anyone is selling the other model (or willing to swap with mine), I might be interested :)

I'm a little confused (I don't have a car with anything, but I'm going to try to retrofit it)

Some talk about a USB-port at the glovebox. Where is this located exactly (pictures?), and what is it connected to?

I was under the impression that the USB-port next to the 3,5mm line-in AUX is connected to this:

nf3g3.jpg

The Bluetooth unit I've got, is not the one with supposed "USB connectivity", so maybe it's just lacking a port for the other one?

iz40lx.jpg

If anyone is selling the other model (or willing to swap with mine), I might be interested :)

The USB port is the smaller of the 2 on that module - mine looks identical to that and has USB.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club