Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

on this model the USB slot just for update! You need the higher model...

exactly and the module reads "bluetooth voice connectivity with USB". You don't want to know Ford prices on these!

Yes I'm aware of all that, but my question is:

- The USB port at the glovebox that many are talking about, I'm I supposed to have that one, and what is it connected to internally? Is it even connected to this box, or is - the other box (which i don't have) - connected with the rightmost connector, to the USB-port next to AUX?

- The USB port at the glovebox that many are talking about, I'm I supposed to have that one, and what is it connected to internally? Is it even connected to this box, or is - the other box (which i don't have) - connected with the rightmost connector, to the USB-port next to AUX?

I'm in the same boat, can't find the USB connector, although I have a 2009 Fiesta without the USB option, only bluetooth.

The bluetooth module is screwed on to a panel under the glovebox. It has 2 connections - 1 that leads to the stereo and the other is USB. For those that have USB a cable runs from this module to the USB input by the gearstick. For those without it's an empty socket that the dealers use to update the firmware but will require some sort of female USB > mini USB adaptor.

The Bluetooth module is screwed on to a panel under the glovebox. It has 2 connections - 1 that leads to the stereo and the other is USB. For those that have USB a cable runs from this module to the USB input by the gearstick. For those without it's an empty socket that the dealers use to update the firmware but will require some sort of female USB > mini USB adaptor.

I looked, but I can't find any connectors that will fit the bluetooth module. Does that mean that I can't fit it, or is it possible that I can just get a cable that will do the job?

That box with all the connectors behind the glovebox, is that the car's computer?

The photos you put up are the bluetooth module - on those that support USB the smaller of the 2 connections has a cable plugged in to it which runs to a socket by the gear stick for USB devices.

In theory you can swap the module for a USB one, pug the cable in & get Ford to reprogram your car to 'see' the new module.

As soon as mikester lets me loose in his car I'll let you know if it works!

The photos you put up are the Bluetooth module - on those that support USB the smaller of the 2 connections has a cable plugged in to it which runs to a socket by the gear stick for USB devices.

In theory you can swap the module for a USB one, pug the cable in & get Ford to reprogram your car to 'see' the new module.

As soon as mikester lets me loose in his car I'll let you know if it works!

The photo I put up, is the module I ordered from eBay. I was hoping to fit it, but I can't find the cable in my car that is supposed to fit in it.

• 5 weeks later...

Just is case people haven;t seen the other thread I can confirm it is possible to upgrade from Bluetooth only to Bluetooth & USB (inc. Bluetooth streaming audio)

I have the bluetooth module without USB support. Could you please summarize the steps I need to take to add USB support to my car ?

Thank you!

I have the bluetooth module without USB support. Could you please summarize the steps I need to take to add USB support to my car ?

Thank you!

Unplug old bluetooth module and plug in new bluetooth & USB module

Install new fascia (plastic bit that holds the USB + AUX connectors) at base of gear stick

Run USB cable from new module to fascia at bottom of gear stick

Connect USB cable to new fascia

Connect Ford VCM to car & amend settings with IDS to update car configuration.

This looks like it could do the job....

See article on engadget Ford USB (Engadget News)

The USB Music Box is compatible with all Ford audio and navigation systems with AUX button in these models:

Fiesta 2006 - 2008

Fusion from 2006

Focus 2004 - 2011

C-MAX 2003 - 2010

Kuga

Mondeo from 2004

S-MAX

Galaxy from 2006

Transit Connect from 2006

Transit from 2006

So not compatible with MK7 Fiesta - it's better to fit the original module and have it look factory fitted anyway.

HI

I have tried this in my car. You need a patch loom with the bluetooth module connector which also goes to the connections behind the control panel. There is also a cable which runs from the usb connector on the module to the panel where the aux socket is by the gearstick. You need a new bit of plastic and a usb socket. I cant remember if the cable that runs up the a pillar to the mic by the mirror was a separate cable also.

All i need now is for a kind soul to update the gem and hopefully it would work. A guy at my local ford dealer tried but couldnt get the settings to store

Upgrading from Bluetooth only to Bluetooth + USB is easy, adding Bluetooth from scratch I imagine is quite difficult.

Hi, I am still interested in upgrading my fiesta 58/jan 09 zetec s with a USB connection. I do have a working bluetooth (albeit it can be hit and miss when it works) and the single jack connection. I have spoken to afew of my local ford dealers who all keep telling me it is not possible to upgrade. I use my Ipod daily so would love the USB to keep it charged and to change the tracks through the steering wheel.

Is there anybody localish to B'ham who could do this for me as a private job?

Cheers!

Hi, I am still interested in upgrading my fiesta 58/jan 09 zetec s with a USB connection. I do have a working bluetooth (albeit it can be hit and miss when it works) and the single jack connection. I have spoken to afew of my local ford dealers who all keep telling me it is not possible to upgrade. I use my Ipod daily so would love the USB to keep it charged and to change the tracks through the steering wheel.

Cheers!

If you get the bluetooth + USB module, and USB lead + Frame, i can do the software part with IDS...

( for the parts, try local car breakers)

Cheers!

You have a PM :)

Hi

I live not far from birmingham. I would be interested if someone could do do the software bit as i have got all the bits fitted (hopefully properly).

Please pm me.

Cheers

Dave

Hi

I live not far from birmingham. I would be interested if someone could do do the software bit as i have got all the bits fitted (hopefully properly).

Please pm me.

Cheers

Dave

PM'd ;)

Has anyone actually got this working yet?

YES!!

Mine is now up and very definately working. It took no more than 40 minutes, if that and it works a treat. I'd happily post pictures but don't know how to.

Seriously - I have no hesitation in recommending iNath - i've just sat for the last hour testing it all out, bluetooth works, ipod dash display works, steering wheel controls work, Ipod charges up and it all looks like a factory fit.

For the amount of hours I drive, it was a small investment worth paying out in my opinion.

:D

YES!!

Mine is now up and very definately working. It took no more than 40 minutes, if that and it works a treat. I'd happily post pictures but don't know how to.

Seriously - I have no hesitation in recommending iNath - i've just sat for the last hour testing it all out, bluetooth works, ipod dash display works, steering wheel controls work, Ipod charges up and it all looks like a factory fit.

For the amount of hours I drive, it was a small investment worth paying out in my opinion.

:D

enjoy ;)

enjoy ;)

Cheers dude and thanks for your offer of help too! :)

Just need footwell lights, a change of wheels maybe and I'm done with mods.