Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost in total? I've been wanting to do this for ages, I also want to add a USB port to the glove box do I can mount a galaxy tab in there.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost in total? I've been wanting to do this for ages, I also want to add a USB port to the glove box do I can mount a galaxy tab in there.

Have sent you PM!

Hi Nath

Works a treat

Thanks again and keep in touch regarding cruise control

Regards

Dave

YES!!

Mine is now up and very definately working. It took no more than 40 minutes, if that and it works a treat. I'd happily post pictures but don't know how to.

Seriously - I have no hesitation in recommending iNath - i've just sat for the last hour testing it all out, bluetooth works, ipod dash display works, steering wheel controls work, Ipod charges up and it all looks like a factory fit.

For the amount of hours I drive, it was a small investment worth paying out in my opinion.

:D

Hi Nath

Works a treat

Thanks again and keep in touch regarding cruise control

Regards

Dave

You're both very welcome. Pleasure meeting you both and may you have many happy motoring miles ahead :)

You're both very welcome. Pleasure meeting you both and may you have many happy motoring miles ahead :)

We can meet up one time Nathan, when you can make my cruse control working :)

We can meet up one time Nathan, when you can make my cruse control working :)

As soon as I crack the 1.4 TDCi! Only done the 1.6 TDCi so far ;)

As soon as I crack the 1.4 TDCi! Only done the 1.6 TDCi so far ;)

so now you can do any 1.6 tdci?

so now you can do any 1.6 tdci?

In theory, should be proven next week when I'm looking to do my 2nd install.

In the code I know that '60' = '1.6 90PS' (even on the 95 model) and fuel type '02' = 'diesel', I need to figure what the code is for a 1.4.

hi, im from portugal i got a 2010 1.6 tdci 110ps(remap) sportvan fiesta, and only with bt... i need to have usb =(. already asked inath how can i proceed to have usb Ford ask's a LOT for new module cables etc... anyone can guide me how can i "upgrade" my sweet fiesta?

hi, im from portugal i got a 2010 1.6 tdci 110ps(remap) sportvan fiesta, and only with bt... i need to have usb =(. already asked inath how can i proceed to have usb Ford ask's a LOT for new module cables etc... anyone can guide me how can i "upgrade" my sweet fiesta?

The hardware part easy take 30mins... but you will need someone who have IDS to do the software part.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to just add the USB without bluetoorh audio? therefore not replacing the bluetooth unit? just had a price from fordparts *gulp* and struggling to get hold of one from a scrap yard

cheers

Mark

Is it possible to just add the USB without bluetoorh audio? therefore not replacing the bluetooth unit? just had a price from fordparts *gulp* and struggling to get hold of one from a scrap yard

cheers

Mark

No it's not possible, the module has to be replaced.

No it's not possible, the module has to be replaced.

bugger.. got any spare? :D

bugger.. got any spare? :D

Not at the moment - I'll ring some suppliers when I can ;)

Not at the moment - I'll ring some suppliers when I can ;)

:)

what do you ask for when ringing them? I tried a couple and they thought I was from Mars :D

First question is to asking if they have any new shape Fiestas

Then if any of them have USB down by the gear stick

Then describe the location of the module under the glovebox

I tried 50 and I only found 2 that were bothered enough to check.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am also interested in upgrading my Fiesta Sport Van 2011 with a USB connection. It already has bluetooth and the single Aux connection. I would be willing to travel a few hours to have this done while I wait if anyone is interested? Cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am also interested in upgrading my Fiesta Sport Van 2011 with a USB connection. It already has bluetooth and the single Aux connection. I would be willing to travel a few hours to have this done while I wait if anyone is interested? Cheers! smile.png

Just a quick note to say thanks to Nath for sorting my mods out on Saturday! Top bloke!!

Just a quick note to say thanks to Nath for sorting my mods out on Saturday! Top bloke!!

You're welcome :)

I have a 58 Fiesta Zetec which came with factory fitted blue tooth and handsfree but not USB.

What do I need to look for if I want to add USB to my car?

I have a 58 Fiesta Zetec which came with factory fitted blue tooth and handsfree but not USB.

What do I need to look for if I want to add USB to my car?

Ive been watching this thread in the background for a couple of months now n im still slightly confused.

To start, I have a Style with AUX only, base model module n cd player, no bluetooth n voice control etc.

I just wanted USB connection at first, but now want everything!!

So im gunna be starting from scratch!

I have bought:

- The 8m5t-19c112-AM module.

- Higher spec multi line matrix display.

I know im knowhere near the point of fitting.

I hear that there are 2 different types of loom pre/post 2010, this also mean the stereos have different connections.

My question is.. before i start stocking up on parts...

Is the 8m5t-19c112-AM module pre/post 2010 or can it be used on any? is the connector port different?

Does the audio loom connect to the interior loom atall or is it sperate?

Right! So i still need:

- CD player with keypad

- Interior light with microphone

- Indicator stalk - left or right?

- Loom pre/post 2010?

- 2 cables that attatch together for USB

- USB port (near gearstick)

- AUX + USB faceplate (near gearstick)

Anything else atall??

Finally, is there anyone in the northwest that can sort out the IDS software? preferably someone who has done it previously? I dont really want to go to Ford as ive read people having problems.

Although i dont really mind travelling, aslong as everything works fine afterwards.

At the same time as activating USB, bluetooth, voice control etc, can my rear Speakers also be easily activated?

Any help atall will be much appreciated!!

Thanks, Callum

Ive been watching this thread in the background for a couple of months now n im still slightly confused.

To start, I have a Style with AUX only, base model module n cd player, no bluetooth n voice control etc.

I just wanted USB connection at first, but now want everything!!

So im gunna be starting from scratch!

I have bought:

- The 8m5t-19c112-AM module.

- Higher spec multi line matrix display.

I know im knowhere near the point of fitting.

I hear that there are 2 different types of loom pre/post 2010, this also mean the stereos have different connections.

My question is.. before i start stocking up on parts...

Is the 8m5t-19c112-AM module pre/post 2010 or can it be used on any? is the connector port different? This module has 2 types of USB connection depending on when it was made. Please post a photo so I can advise on which cable you need. The module will work with all years of Bluetooth stereo.

Does the audio loom connect to the interior loom atall or is it sperate?

Right! So i still need:

- CD player with keypad

- Interior light with microphone

- Indicator stalk - left or right? Left, must have built in voice control button

- Loom pre/post 2010? - depends which stereo you buy as to which loom you need. The stereo fronts will be the same (although newer ones have letters on the number buttons similar to a mobile phone layout) but the back of the CD player has either 2 connections in the middle (pre-2010) or a single connection on the left (2010 onwards)

- 2 cables that attatch together for USB - depends which module you have, the newer ones with same model number (8m5t-19c112-AM) only need one cable

- USB port (near gearstick)

- AUX + USB faceplate (near gearstick)

Anything else atall??

Finally, is there anyone in the northwest that can sort out the IDS software? preferably someone who has done it previously? I dont really want to go to Ford as ive read people having problems. Cartune in Liverpool has an IDS if that helps?

Although i dont really mind travelling, aslong as everything works fine afterwards.

At the same time as activating USB, Bluetooth, voice control etc, can my rear speakers also be easily activated?

Any help atall will be much appreciated!!

Thanks, Callum

See my answers in red :)

See my answers in red :)

Thanks for the helpful reply :)

Regarding the module, here are a few pics:

Thanks, Cal

DSC05963.jpg

DSC05960.jpg

DSC05962.jpg

The module you have is the older AM type and does require the 2 cables you mentioned earlier for USB.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club