Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Jordan ZS

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

312 posts in this topic

The module you have is the older AM type and does require the 2 cables you mentioned earlier for USB.

Ahwell, thats fine. Does it still opperate exactly the same?

Can both pre/post 2010 looms fit this module though? I know u said about the stereo having different connections.

Im on the hunt for a MK7 with all the goodies now, a Titanium is being broken local-ish, hopefully this will have the spec' im after.

Thanks, Cal

Ahwell, thats fine. Does it still opperate exactly the same?

Can both pre/post 2010 looms fit this module though? I know u said about the stereo having different connections.

All the modules function the same and can be used with either stereo.

Ok, I've finally managed to snag a USB module off ebay for a reasonable price. I think I may actually have bought it from iNath actually...

So, it's a 8M5T-19C112-AM. I just need to get the cable, USB port and fascia from somewhere. Any suggestions?

Also will need to get the software updated eventually. Anyone around Gloucestershire?

what is the difference between 8M5T-19C112-AN, 8M5T-19C112-AR, 8M5T-19C112-AM ?

If I got the AR or AM versions would ie be a problem?

Cheers

Mark

Just the production dates, higher letter = newer.

It's important to check the type of connection on the module (mini USB is preferred)

what is the difference between 8M5T-19C112-AN, 8M5T-19C112-AR, 8M5T-19C112-AM ?

If I got the AR or AM versions would ie be a problem?

Cheers

Mark

Apparently, anything up to the AM model uses an older, proprietory connector. Anything after, (AN, AR etc) uses a mini usb.

Shame I found this out after ordering a mini USB cable off ebay when I've got an AM model... Ah well, live and learn.

But just to confuse you SOME AM modules have mini USB ;)

Seriously? I think Ford is trolling us.

My AM has the one that looks like a regular USB port but is too small.

Hey guys,

i got 8m5t-19g488-am module, but i want USB.... anybody got a capable one for sale or trade???

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i have just ordered a BT/USB module and all the wiring as a kit

i no i need to get a new radio and display and the trim near the gear lever but my car does not have a module fitted to start with can i still fit bluetooth and USB or have i wasted some cash

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i have just ordered a BT/USB module and all the wiring as a kit

i no i need to get a new radio and display and the trim near the gear lever but my car does not have a module fitted to start with can i still fit bluetooth and USB or have i wasted some cash

Not sure on the answer to that mate, but if it doesn't work out I'm looking to buy the usb mini = > usb socket cable + usb/aux faceplate

i wouldnt be selling any of it i will get it to work just need to figure out what radio parts i need and dnt need