#182 ashrobinson

ashrobinson

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

pics would be good!!

Nice job boys, glad theres hope at the end of the tunnel.

#183 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

I can confirm that this upgrade is possible and now works for me.

The "BVC High" bluetooth module appears to have a new part number. I installed module AU7T-19C112-AR to replace the module under the glove compartment, as described earlier in this thread.

The next step requires use of a Ford IDS diagnostic machine.

- Upgrade the software on the "audio module","speech recognition module", and display module if necessary. The "speech recognition module" is the new module that has just been installed.
- Download the car configuration file (CCF)
- Edit the configuration. Two options need to change:
Bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"
Accessory module (I think) should be "With USB and iPod function"

- Upload the configuration back, and USB, Bluetooth audio streaming and ipod should work.

If only one parameter is changed the USB/A2DP and iPod options will be visible when pressing "AUX" twice but won't work. The second parameter needed to be enabled in order for it to actually work. It sounds as though Steven (above) only has one of them enabled.

Bluetooth audio streaming seems to work well - steering wheel controls change track; it stops playing on the phone when turning off the ignition/switching to radio etc.

Hope this helps anyone else who is thinking of the upgrade.

woah woah woah..

wait a minute.

are you actually saying that people with bluetooth and voice control but no usb can actually get the system upgraded (provided a new bluetooth module is used) so the ipod/iphone can be plugged in?

i've wanted this for years and after plugging things in and swapping modules with other users i still couldn't get any joy out of it.. i need to have itunes/spotify in the car!! :)

#184 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Name: Laszlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

Yes... i bought my module from scrap yard with the USB lead, and socket for 55, and another 40 for soft update...

#185 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

Yes... i bought my module from scrap yard with the USB lead, and socket for 55, and another 40 for soft update...

this is amazing. i love you guys.

so run it buy me for dummies... i have bluetooth VC only, what do i need to buy and what do i need to do at ford?

#186 L11XXY

L11XXY

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST220

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

If you can source the parts from anywhere else but Ford that would be better, but patience can prevail with part sourcing.

With Lez's car, we downloaded the vehicle configuration and then changed the parameters for the newly installed hardware.

At the moment, he has the low level audio system installed, which 'may' need a software update if it will take it. The bluetooth module was installed as BT/VC only initially, i may have to reinstall with the Programmable module function now that the USB/IPod parameters have now been changed.

Im with you on the 'swapping modules, trying this, trying that' stage... i went through that with my Mondeo, namely with the CD Changer, went through 4 of them until i found out they needed the VIN uploaded to get the !Removed! things to work...

So, to recap, read through the posts the other guys have listed. There is a lot of good info there for all the hardware you will need but it will all require an IDS session to sort it out.

Alex
07955 406 446
E Mail - awhvehicle@btinternet.com

#187 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

Did anyone post what the part number was for the usb cable from the module to the usb socket on? There was one posted earlier but I think the poster said it was too short.

#188 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Name: Laszlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

yes i did...
and here again...
Posted Image

Part number : 8M5T-19C112-AN for UK English

#189 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Do the cables come with that?

#190 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: cougar
Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

does this help clear things up? regards steve

Information and Entertainment System - General Information - Information and Entertainment System - Overview Fiesta 2008.75 (06/2008-)
Print Report An Error
Description and Operation

In-car entertainment

The audio system consists of the following components:

Multifunction display,
audio system control unit,
audio unit,
Speakers,
handsfree system with voice activation module (optional),
handsfree button (optional),
AUX socket in the center console (optional),
USB port in the center console (optional and only in conjunction with handsfree / Bluetooth / voice activation module),
radio remote control in steering wheel.
A conventional audio unit with control buttons and display is not available. On this vehicle the audio system is divided into three or four modules:

Audio unit,
audio system control unit with keypad,
multifunction display,
handsfree / Bluetooth / voice activation module.

#191 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

no....lol

I think it just needs to be separated into:

> if you currently have Bluetooth and voice control (inc aux) then you'll need x, y and z (if there's part numbers please include)

> if you dont have any Bluetooth and have the 6 numerical button stereo then youll need x, y, z and f (again part numbers would be great)

And then explain the process of getting the car programmed at ford, and what exactly do we need to have the technicians turn on when they connect the car to IDS.

Out of interest, have the people who have managed this got full use of the USB Inc control from the wheel and Bluetooth streaming ( as it doesn't come on Bluetooth and VC for some reason )?

#192 shortcolin

shortcolin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

yes i did...
and here again...

Hi,

Apparently the part number has changed and the 8M5T-19C112-xx module has been replaced with a newer one. I'm using part AU7T-19C112-AR which looks identical, and works OK. I think both part numbers should work - just mentioning it in case anyone is confused while ordering.

This order code is for the module only. The module has two connections on it - the large connector just plugs in where the original module is. The other one is the USB socket which must be wired up. The wiring diagrams suggest that the USB socket is in the original wiring loom. Either they're lying or my eyes are duff - I just can't find the USB sockets on my wiring loom. So I'm not currently 100% sure which cable to buy.

I think part number 8M5T-14D202 is a service cable used for updating the software on the module. I *believe* this cable will work but won't work to add a connector in the proper place by the handbrake - but might be usable to just have a USB stick in the glovebox or something. This forum http://www.ford-focu...topic.php?42141 shows some cables and talks about installing into a Focus - not sure which of these parts is applicable to the Fiesta.

This guide:

http://www.rolfie.eu... Fiesta MK7.pdf

...shows some pictures

#193 shortcolin

shortcolin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

Out of interest, have the people who have managed this got full use of the USB Inc control from the wheel and Bluetooth streaming ( as it doesn't come on Bluetooth and VC for some reason )?

I've not got the USB cable installed yet so can't try out USB. Steering wheel controls work for Bluetooth track changing, and player pauses etc when ignition is turned off. No track info is displayed for BT audio however.

#194 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: cougar
Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

have you read this sticky???

http://www.fordowner...showtopic=10420

thanks steve

#195 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

quote name='Lez' timestamp='1306172225' post='128578']
yes i did...
and here again...

[/quote]

Thanks for that but I was referring to the cable that connects to the port on the module and goes to the USB port by the handbrake, Is there an official product code for this?

edit; looks like it's these two cables that fit together to form one longer cable, no wonder the previous guy was complaining about the cbale being too short.

2 below connect together to form 1 cable.

Cable from the USB socket on the Bluetooth Voice Control with USB Module, which connects to the USB cable from the IPOD Holder -
FINIS: 1520708

Posted Image

Cable from the USB socket on the Ipod Holder -

FINIS: 1520710 8M5T-14D202-CB IP Cable, From: 25-02-2008 RHD, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Posted Image

So these two cables, the USB faceplate and an update from Ford are allt hat's required? (besides the module)

Oh, also this:

SB Socket on the Ipod Holder -
FINIS: 1497339

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users