Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

The module you have is the older AM type and does require the 2 cables you mentioned earlier for USB.

Ahwell, thats fine. Does it still opperate exactly the same?

Can both pre/post 2010 looms fit this module though? I know u said about the stereo having different connections.

Im on the hunt for a MK7 with all the goodies now, a Titanium is being broken local-ish, hopefully this will have the spec' im after.

Thanks, Cal

Ahwell, thats fine. Does it still opperate exactly the same?

Can both pre/post 2010 looms fit this module though? I know u said about the stereo having different connections.

All the modules function the same and can be used with either stereo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've finally managed to snag a USB module off eBay for a reasonable price. I think I may actually have bought it from iNath actually...

So, it's a 8M5T-19C112-AM. I just need to get the cable, USB port and fascia from somewhere. Any suggestions?

Also will need to get the software updated eventually. Anyone around Gloucestershire?

• 3 weeks later...

what is the difference between 8M5T-19C112-AN, 8M5T-19C112-AR, 8M5T-19C112-AM ?

If I got the AR or AM versions would ie be a problem?

Cheers

Mark

Just the production dates, higher letter = newer.

It's important to check the type of connection on the module (mini USB is preferred)

what is the difference between 8M5T-19C112-AN, 8M5T-19C112-AR, 8M5T-19C112-AM ?

If I got the AR or AM versions would ie be a problem?

Cheers

Mark

Apparently, anything up to the AM model uses an older, proprietory connector. Anything after, (AN, AR etc) uses a mini usb.

Shame I found this out after ordering a mini USB cable off eBay when I've got an AM model... Ah well, live and learn.

Seriously? I think Ford is trolling us.

My AM has the one that looks like a regular USB port but is too small.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i got 8m5t-19g488-am module, but i want USB.... anybody got a capable one for sale or trade???

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i have just ordered a BT/USB module and all the wiring as a kit

i no i need to get a new radio and display and the trim near the gear lever but my car does not have a module fitted to start with can i still fit bluetooth and USB or have i wasted some cash

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i have just ordered a BT/USB module and all the wiring as a kit

i no i need to get a new radio and display and the trim near the gear lever but my car does not have a module fitted to start with can i still fit bluetooth and USB or have i wasted some cash

Not sure on the answer to that mate, but if it doesn't work out I'm looking to buy the usb mini = > usb socket cable + usb/aux faceplate

i wouldnt be selling any of it i will get it to work just need to figure out what radio parts i need and dnt need

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2012 at 8:34 PM, iNath said:

The module you have is the older AM type and does require the 2 cables you mentioned earlier for USB.

hi, i have a same module but with 8m5t-19g488-ck number, my cd player doesnt accept codes from them. If find a usb cable, my i succes to upgrade or update both to make functionality?

tks

player is Sony CDX-FS214AE( 2013 on top label but 2007 in service meniu) where is the diference?

Ford-Bluetooth-Voice-Control-Connectivity-Hands-Free-Module-_nokia.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have an AS module and all the leads for sale . 

Its just been posted in the ford parts for sale on this forum .

Vin

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys. I am from Greece so forgive me for my bad english. I recentry bought a bluetooth with usb module 8M5T-19C112-ER. I have installed it in my car and bluetooth,voice commands works ok but when i insert usb stick says initialization please wait and it reads it but it does not plays anything. I tried to my locals  ford service to activte it without any result. I suppose they dont know the procedure. Could you please someone tells me the ids programing procedure in pm or here so i can help them to resolve th problem? Its to bad to loose the money i bought the module for the ids activation. I have called more ford workshops but they dont seem to know the procedure. All of them said to come there and try.. Please someone to help me...Thanks for listening.!!

• 7 months later...

Firstly I am sorry for posting in an old thread but I can not find the answer any were and secondly because of the nature of the question would the mods please not move my post to the m 6 forum I think the mk6 fiesta never had this option, I have tried in that forum but never had any luck .Right I have a ford fusion and I have retrofitted all of the audio system dab radio AM module ect , I now have bluetooth streaming ect no voice control any more but I can live with that . What I would like to know is could some one pleeease tel me if this cable https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Ford-C-max-Focus-Mk2-Dashboard-Bluetooth-SAT-NAV-Wiring-1520708/1109771031?iid=292597479868

that was posted earlier on in the thread is the one I need to connect my am bluetooth module to my usb stick that would fit in my glove box not in the arm rest like the mk7 ? thanks lads please put me out of my misery I have spent hours trying to find one . it has to be the ford one not the mini usb type

I find a loom of bluetooth, and work great.

Need to remove the old loom, behind the dash, radio to usb direct.

And put the new one, behind the dash.

Activate all with Forscan.

Also need to cut the headlight roof for the microphone housing.

IMG_20190617_133459.jpg

IMG_20190617_133502.jpg

IMG_20190617_133506.jpg

IMG_20190617_133553.jpg

2 (1).jpg

• 8 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 10:49 PM, fgservo said:

I find a loom of bluetooth, and work great.

Need to remove the old loom, behind the dash, radio to usb direct.

And put the new one, behind the dash.

Activate all with Forscan.

Also need to cut the headlight roof for the microphone housing.

IMG_20190617_133459.jpg

IMG_20190617_133502.jpg

IMG_20190617_133506.jpg

IMG_20190617_133553.jpg

2 (1).jpg

Hello. I wanted to ask you, where is the location of the usb/bluetooth module? I have broken usb port so I want to change the cable

On 11/2/2018 at 11:31 PM, TolisMk7 said:

Hello Guys. I am from Greece so forgive me for my bad english. I recentry bought a bluetooth with usb module 8M5T-19C112-ER. I have installed it in my car and bluetooth,voice commands works ok but when i insert usb stick says initialization please wait and it reads it but it does not plays anything. I tried to my locals  ford service to activte it without any result. I suppose they dont know the procedure. Could you please someone tells me the ids programing procedure in pm or here so i can help them to resolve th problem? Its to bad to loose the money i bought the module for the ids activation. I have called more ford workshops but they dont seem to know the procedure. All of them said to come there and try.. Please someone to help me...Thanks for listening.!!

Hello there, i'm from Greece also and thanks to nath and others on this forum, i made same retrofit work and i have just come back from the ford dealer where he activated the usb/ipod function and all working like a charm! Send me a pm to tell you how and what.

• 1 year later...

Dose any one out there have the wiring diagram for bluetooth harness I have 2010-2012 model have sony head unit with one black connector on it with display has bluetooth sing on it bottom right corner head unit control the sony one with 1-9 along top ware cd slot is as have wiring harness from 2009 with 54 pin connector mic 8 pin connector with yellow an black wire only aux connector an 12 pin connector can any one out there help please with wiring diagram so I can make this harness fit please 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2010 at 8:57 AM, mikester said:

so how do you find out what stereo you have, i've had a quick look under the glovebox but couldn't see much. if you have the 8M5T-19C112 type then all you need is the longer cable and trim piece and you're good to go, yes?

no updates required?

i've recently had my car in to ford for an audio problem and they updated the stereo to 8A6T-18C815-BP (sorry, the technicians handwriting is terrible so some letters could be wrong). could this allow for the usb feature to work *IF* i have the BVC High unit?

I've got the BVC low 19G488 and the 8A6T-18C815-BP and it doesn't work. Temepted to get the BVC high to see if it works. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I need a little help.

I install a bluetooth module with USB (8M5T-19C112-AM and an original cable with it) in my Fiesta 2009 year, after that I updated the stereo with USB flash, but when I inserted a USB  with songs on it, it only show initialised and not show the songs. How can I activated the option with Forscan-in which module of the car is the option that I have to change to BVC high?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I changeд the option in the PCM module of the car with Forscan and an Elm327 adapter and everything works ok. Special thanks to Zwhposwho helped me which options I have to change.

•  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club