#196 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

I think that's right provided you already gave the higher level stereo which means you have the VC stalk already.

Sounds easy, what you gotta tell the guys at ford to do?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#197 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Where does everyone order their parts from?

#198 gingertom

gingertom

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2014

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi Colin

My car didnt have bluetooth/voice control and when i pxed my focus i removed the bluetooth bits which i added to it. When i added them to the focus it all just plug and played.

I have changed the audio control unit to the one with the extra phone buttons, added the multi line display, added the wiring loom and my bvc module, usb port, mic in the headlining with the cable down the a pillar, steering wheel stalk with the voice button. The multi line display worked fine but the bvc wasnt recognised.

I asked the salesman i have dealt with at my local garage and he told me to try one of the mechanics. He put the car on the ids machine and updated the configuration but he said for some reason the changes were not saving when uploading the configuration. Does anyone know how this can be done as the mechanic didnt know what else to try.

I have the ids software on my laptop but dont have the vcm module that connects between the laptop and the car so if i could find one i could try myself

#199 shortcolin

shortcolin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

I asked the salesman i have dealt with at my local garage and he told me to try one of the mechanics. He put the car on the ids machine and updated the configuration but he said for some reason the changes were not saving when uploading the configuration. Does anyone know how this can be done as the mechanic didnt know what else to try.

Hi,

I had trouble when enabling the module - the person with the IDS machine disabled "CD Player" by accident and it wouldn't re-enable. I had no CD Player! He enabled the CD Player in the configuration, loaded it into the car but no luck. When downloading the configuration back from the car it said "No CD Player".

The trick in the end was to download the factory configuration from Ford, then re-enable the two parameters. This fixed the CD Player problem.

If it helps, the two parameters needed were (I think) -

Bluetooth module (I think) should be "BT/VC phone interface + USB connection"
Accessory module (I think) should be "With USB and iPod function"

...there were other parameters though for the stereo - e.g. "No audio unit/Audio unit/Branded audio unit" and "No CD player/Single CD player with MP3" etc. Perhaps there is a parameter to tell it has the high end matrix display which is needed for bluetooth to work? The system seems weird - even though it will have a piece of hardware (e.g. CD player) it will refuse to work unless enabled in the configuration.

The other alternative I can think of might be to download the configuration for a car exactly the same as yours, but which has bluetooth fitted from the factory, and then load that into yours? I'm not an IDS expert so not sure if it can be done - but perhaps it would accept that OK.

Colin

#200 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: cougar
Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

people with ids may find this post helpfull. it is instructions on using cc and modifying features to enable/disable. this is a transit drive away locking feature but info is self expanitory for audio etc. (my pc shows pics but they dont copy accross sorry)

Enable Automatic locking by speed via IDS

1. Connect the IDS portable diagnostic unit to the vehicle and establish communication (VID the vehicle).

Confirm the vehicle details are correct.

2. Select the <Toolbox> tab at the top of the screen.

3. Select <Module Programming>.

Press the tick.

4. Select <Programmable Parameters> and then <Car Configuration Parameter(s)>.

Press the tick.

5. The following VIN screen appears.

Press <YES> if VIN is correct.

6. The <Vehicle Configuration> screen appears.

Press on Vehicle Configuration.

7. NOTE: The next step must be completed first, before you will be able to View or Modify data from the vehicle.

Select <Retrieve the vehicle configuration data>.

Press the tick.

8. The application will check vehicle battery voltage and prevent continuation if it is less than 11.60V. If required, connect an external power supply in order to maintain a constant battery voltage throughout the procedure. For detailed information refer to TSB 62/2007.

9. Follow the further instructions from IDS about switching the ignition OFF and ON and confirm.

10. The vehicle configuration data will now be retrieved and stored on the Service Tool. Once this is completed press the tick.

11. After ignition OFF, the application returns to the <Vehicle Configuration> screen.

12. Select <Modify and reinstate vehicle configuration data> in order to modify any of the parameters that are considered to be Customer Requests.

Press the tick.

13. Select the parameter of Automatic locking by speed using the down arrow.

14. When clicked, a menu of options will appear. Select <Automatic locking>.

Press the tick when all required changes have been made.

15. Selecting the <X> will return it to the <Vehicle Configuration> screen. On the message <Do you want to download the vehicle configuration file?> select the tick. This will save any changes made to the configuration data back to the vehicle.

Follow the further instructions from IDS and confirm.

16. At the <Download Complete> screen, press the tick to return to the <Vehicle Configuration> screen.

Select the <Return> icon to exit the application.

17. Check for any stored Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) related to the module configuration.

18. Clear any stored DTCs and disconnect IDS from the vehicle.

#201 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Wow that is really helpful, i'll certainly use this thread when I get round to buying the parts. Thanks digi

#202 shortcolin

shortcolin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Just in case it helps,

In steps 13 and 14 above the mention of the "automatic locking" bit should be ignored and replaced with the change to two parameters:

#203 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Just in case it helps,

In steps 13 and 14 above the mention of the "automatic locking" bit should be ignored and replaced with the change to two parameters:

What happens if you don't do that bit?

#204 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,583 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

What happens if you don't do that bit?

You'll have auto-locking and not USB :P

#205 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

as said this is an example....when you choose..12. Select <Modify and reinstate vehicle configuration data> in order to modify any of the parameters that are considered to be Customer Requests.

you will be given lots of settings to change from tyre size to body style to audio etc. you will see a big list to scroll down and edit as neccessary. basically one body control module will be used on many variations and models so it is neccessary to edit software to suit. this info is only usefull to people using ford ids and not your average man in the street, regards steve

#206 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,583 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

as said this is an example....when you choose..12. Select <Modify and reinstate vehicle configuration data> in order to modify any of the parameters that are considered to be Customer Requests.

you will be given lots of settings to change from tyre size to body style to audio etc. you will see a big list to scroll down and edit as neccessary. basically one body control module will be used on many variations and models so it is neccessary to edit software to suit. this info is only usefull to people using ford ids and not your average man in the street, regards steve

Have you ever tried to enable cruise control?

#207 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ahh the possibilities. Nath have you got access to IDS

#208 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,583 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Ahh the possibilities. Nath have you got access to IDS

No - we need Adam!

#209 gingertom

gingertom

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I have a copy of the ids software but no vcm to connect to the car :angry:

#210 digidash

digidash

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

having software without vcm is like having a remote without a tv...if anyone is in yorkshire i have and use ids every day. contact me to see if i can help, regards steve

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users