Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,609 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

+1 on that Guys the Parrot MKi9100 is the best kit on the market in terms of usability, compatibility and reliability Posted Image
please note, if purchasing this kit or any parrot kit,
you will also need to purchase an ISO cable to link the system to your stereo system, saves cutting any cables in your car,
all you need to connect is the 12v power supply.

parrot are a French company owned by Nokia another name you can trust Posted Image
another useless piece of off-topic information

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#242 SOrchard

SOrchard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6(120)

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I had a Parrot fitted for less than 200. All the same stuff. MKi9100. It's brilliant.

Did you have the UNIKA module fitted as well? Though having looked at it it seems to complicate things slightly, but does away with the Parrot remote?

How ameanable were the fitters to putting the bits where you want them? I want the parrot screen in the little cubby behind the gear lever and the USB/iPod connection cables to come out in the "secret" hole.

#243 SOrchard

SOrchard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

+1 on that Guys the Parrot MKi9100 is the best kit on the market in terms of usability, compatibility and reliability Posted Image
you will also need to purchase an ISO cable to link the system to your stereo system, saves cutting any cables in your car,

parrot are a French company owned by Nokia another name you can trust Posted Image

How do you connect the 12v supply? I think I might get it fitted, but then I'd fret that while the hidden stuff is done properly they might fit the visible bits where they want and not where I want.

#244 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

If you have a Bluetooth module, why just use the Bluetooth steaming?
I installed a high end module and usb, port, lead, but i use my Samsung galaxy s with Bluetooth hands free, and steam music...

Did you have the basic module to begin with? If so, did the bluetooth streaming work straight away or did it require a software update?

#245 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Name: Laszlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Did you have the basic module to begin with? If so, did the bluetooth streaming work straight away or did it require a software update?

I had changed my module to the higher one, but if you close to Bristol we can have a look on yours...

#246 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

I had changed my module to the higher one, but if you close to Bristol we can have a look on yours...

I have the basic module, so if I were to upgrade I'd need the USB port, cables and fascia. Do you work at a dealership? Bristol's not too far from me.

#247 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

I have the basic module, so if I were to upgrade I'd need the USB port, cables and fascia. Do you work at a dealership? Bristol's not too far from me.

No i`m not work in the dealership... for using the USB you will need the higher module too, but i think for the Bluetooth steaming may be not, we can have a look with the IDS...

#248 SOrchard

SOrchard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hi Lenny, I've got a Parrot MKi9200 waiting to go in, with an Autoleads SOT connector. Having played with the leads and connectors on the kitchen table I think I can see how it works, and it doesn't seem to need to be wired into the 12v supply, the plugs do it all. I hope... Anyway, the question I have is, whith your setup, do you get telephone muting on the radio with the Parrot kit, and which mute connection did you use, I have a choice of three, white, yellow or blue I think they are, but they don't seem to correspond with anything in the SOT lead. Slightly worried I've bought the wrong adapter, maybe I should have got an official Parrot one.

Cheers,

Simon.

#249 odyssey

odyssey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Henrik
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Trend
  • Year: 2011

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

I'm a little confused (I don't have a car with anything, but I'm going to try to retrofit it)

Some talk about a USB-port at the glovebox. Where is this located exactly (pictures?), and what is it connected to?

I was under the impression that the USB-port next to the 3,5mm line-in AUX is connected to this:

Posted Image

The Bluetooth unit I've got, is not the one with supposed "USB connectivity", so maybe it's just lacking a port for the other one?

Posted Image

If anyone is selling the other model (or willing to swap with mine), I might be interested :)

#250 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,564 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'm a little confused (I don't have a car with anything, but I'm going to try to retrofit it)

Some talk about a USB-port at the glovebox. Where is this located exactly (pictures?), and what is it connected to?

I was under the impression that the USB-port next to the 3,5mm line-in AUX is connected to this:

Posted Image

The Bluetooth unit I've got, is not the one with supposed "USB connectivity", so maybe it's just lacking a port for the other one?

Posted Image

If anyone is selling the other model (or willing to swap with mine), I might be interested :)

The USB port is the smaller of the 2 on that module - mine looks identical to that and has USB.

#251 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

on this model the USB slot just for update! You need the higher model...

#252 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

exactly and the module reads "Bluetooth voice connectivity with USB". You don't want to know Ford prices on these!

#253 odyssey

odyssey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Henrik
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Trend
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

Yes I'm aware of all that, but my question is:

- The USB port at the glovebox that many are talking about, I'm I supposed to have that one, and what is it connected to internally? Is it even connected to this box, or is - the other box (which i don't have) - connected with the rightmost connector, to the USB-port next to AUX?

#254 lukee20

lukee20

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 LX
Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

- The USB port at the glovebox that many are talking about, I'm I supposed to have that one, and what is it connected to internally? Is it even connected to this box, or is - the other box (which i don't have) - connected with the rightmost connector, to the USB-port next to AUX?

I'm in the same boat, can't find the USB connector, although I have a 2009 Fiesta without the USB option, only bluetooth.

#255 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,564 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

The Bluetooth module is screwed on to a panel under the glovebox. It has 2 connections - 1 that leads to the stereo and the other is USB. For those that have USB a cable runs from this module to the USB input by the gearstick. For those without it's an empty socket that the dealers use to update the firmware but will require some sort of female USB > mini USB adaptor.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users