308 replies to this topic

#121 Jordan ZS

Jordan ZS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S
Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

ooooooooooo the suspence is killing me!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#122 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

How did the car get on, Steven? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

#123 Steven Dark

Steven Dark

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Sea Grey

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

I guess i should shed some light, sorry i didn't reply sooner have been busy at work past few days.

Anyway, took it to ford, they phoned me up half way through the day saying, it wont work, we've tried everything, even tried in another car and my ipod didnt work in there.. I went down there and found they were using an iPod lead, not the ford Y cable (Muppets).

Anyway, we tried it in their showroom car and it worked fine.
Tried in my car and you can see all the playlists/artists/albums etc. Further than before, this time ford decided to Enable the USB on the cars computer.
Problem is when you click to play the song, the stereo just jumps back to Line-In.
Has anyone seen this before? my local ford dealers haven't. Im going to go back in during the week because they said they would phone ford technical about it (ford technical dont work between xmas and new year).

The guys there were thinking that the module may be faulty, but I personally dont think this is the case. I think they dont know what they are doing.

I've emailed the company i got the module from and they say its covered by my dealers warranty, so thats good news if it is faulty. But I also asked if there were different models of head units (Just in case there are)

I now wish i never bothered with this, taking far to much time to do something probably quite simple.

#124 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

dont give up yet buddy!

Does sound like a faulty unit tho,...esp as the other member here said he just fitted it straight in to his mondeo and it worked!!!

Keep going, we thinking of you :)

#125 ZeroNow

ZeroNow

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec '09
Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Just followed this entire thread, Pity you couldn't get it working Steve.

I really want USB + A2DP on my BT + VC fiesta. I wanted a car immediately, and I didn't have the option of USB (despite wanting to).

Has anyone actually asked a dealer/fitter to do all the legwork for you? Maybe it would be cheaper. No reason we should pay ~200 for a 50 upgrade at factory.

I'm gonna ask some dealers tomorrow if they can do this for me, instead of me having to buy the parts. Surely a dealer can do this for you.

#126 Steven Dark

Steven Dark

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Just followed this entire thread, Pity you couldn't get it working Steve.

I really want USB + A2DP on my BT + VC fiesta. I wanted a car immediately, and I didn't have the option of USB (despite wanting to).

Has anyone actually asked a dealer/fitter to do all the legwork for you? Maybe it would be cheaper. No reason we should pay ~200 for a 50 upgrade at factory.

I'm gonna ask some dealers tomorrow if they can do this for me, instead of me having to buy the parts. Surely a dealer can do this for you.

First thing i did was to ask the dealer to do it for me, they said they couldnt, had to be done in the factory

#127 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

Steven, Have you seen this site: http://www.parrot.co.../parrot-mki9200
I dont know if it will work with the factory fitted bluetooth. I've seen it fitted on you tube, have a look and see what you think.

#128 squeegy

squeegy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium(X-Pack)- Hers
Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

cant believe how difficult it is proving to retrofit this.

Anyway for people who are interested in a "factory fit look" to bluetooth and the added bonus of satnav built into their car. I stumbled across these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3ca6b8204d

Looks a smart bit of kit, a bit pricey mind but you are getting bluetooth, usb, ipod and the bonus of colour sat nav

#129 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

cant believe how difficult it is proving to retrofit this.

Anyway for people who are interested in a "factory fit look" to bluetooth and the added bonus of satnav built into their car. I stumbled across these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3ca6b8204d

Looks a smart bit of kit, a bit pricey mind but you are getting bluetooth, usb, ipod and the bonus of colour sat nav

wow thats some crazy kit! I can't make my mind up if i like it, the gloss finish dosent really go with the rest of the car interior which is sort of a brushed finish

#130 Steven Dark

Steven Dark

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Suppose i should pick back up on this.. have had a break from it for a while..
Im going go down the route of "Yeah, its stopped working" but in another dealers. Considering the new BT mod is under my warranty.

#131 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

Suppose i should pick back up on this.. have had a break from it for a while..
Im going go down the route of "Yeah, its stopped working" but in another dealers. Considering the new BT mod is under my warranty.

And they wonder why people don't get great customer service.

#132 Steven Dark

Steven Dark

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

And they wonder why people don't get great customer service.

the part is under warranty, thus i am entitled to take the car to ford and say its not working.

#133 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

the part is under warranty, thus i am entitled to take the car to ford and say its not working.

Fine, take it out and take it to Ford and let them check it.

But you are not entitled to take it there in situ and lie and tell them you had the USB done at the factory and it has stopped working like you insinuated in your previous thread.

#134 Jordan ZS

Jordan ZS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S
Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:16 AM

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CHEAP, EASY, SOLUTION!!

EVERYONE has a 3.5mm AUX input... well put it to good use with A2DP!!

Get one of these EBAY LINK.

With this i guess we can connect it to the power source.. the 12v power socket.. and then with phono to 3.5mm you can connect the block to the phono cable and there ya go.

You can hide IT ALL under the gearstick so you wont see any cables. And you can still use your aux if needed. Then just A2DP your phone to the tiny hidden unit and there ya go.????

Good idea?

#135 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CHEAP, EASY, SOLUTION!!

EVERYONE has a 3.5mm AUX input... well put it to good use with A2DP!!

Get one of these EBAY LINK.

With this i guess we can connect it to the power source.. the 12v power socket.. and then with phono to 3.5mm you can connect the block to the phono cable and there ya go.

You can hide IT ALL under the gearstick so you wont see any cables. And you can still use your aux if needed. Then just A2DP your phone to the tiny hidden unit and there ya go.????

Good idea?

The cheap and easy solution is to make sure you order the USB when you get the car or make sure you buy a car with it already installed. ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users