Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine malfuction

beatty36

Hey, Ive had my MK7 ZS TDCi for 7 months now and recently i have been getting an 'Engine malfunction, service now!' message on the screen after ive been driving and then start the engine maby 5 minutes after. This comes along with the flashing red light in the middle of the dials. However once i turn the engine off and back on again this message disappears, has anyone had this same problem or and ideas as to what it might be?

At first i thought it may have been the K&N Panel filter, but thought that it couldent be, otherwise i just thought it might be a problem with the ECU. Anyway its in getting looked at by ford today and ii should hopefully be getting it back at 5, or else they may keep it for a few days.

same thing with mine a while ago.

ford looked at it and said there were no errors on the system and just upgraded my eco software.

seems to have been fine since

same thing with mine a while ago.

ford looked at it and said there were no errors on the system and just upgraded my eco software.

seems to have been fine since

Thanks thats a big help, good to know im not the only one. I phoned for up there now to tell them that but they didint seem all that intrested, just said that they would find the problem :angry:! did your car also not start sometimes when the engine was warm, it was only when you gave it some revs that it did?

mines always started fine.

even with the warning message on it started fine but i just switched it off and on again and it went.

took mine to the garage about 3/4 months ago now and its been fine since.

mines always started fine.

even with the warning message on it started fine but i just switched it off and on again and it went.

took mine to the garage about 3/4 months ago now and its been fine since.

Just collected it there now, they couldnt find a problem, but got it recalibrated and washed :D lol! not much point washing it though in this weather.

Thanks thats a big help, good to know im not the only one. I phoned for up there now to tell them that but they didint seem all that intrested, just said that they would find the problem :angry:! did your car also not start sometimes when the engine was warm, it was only when you gave it some revs that it did?

beatty I actually ordered my car from Lindsay Ford Lisburn, is this where you bought yours? Just thought I'd ask as you didn't seem happy with them when you rang and wanna know if their service is something I should be wary of!

If you did get it from there which guy you buy it off? (PM me this part as I don't think it's good to name salesmen on open forums)

Thanks,

Peter

beatty I actually ordered my car from Lindsay Ford Lisburn, is this where you bought yours? Just thought I'd ask as you didn't seem happy with them when you rang and wanna know if their service is something I should be wary of!

If you did get it from there which guy you buy it off? (PM me this part as I don't think it's good to name salesmen on open forums)

Thanks,

Peter

Yeah was lisburn branch, im sorry but i dont know the sales man, relative bought the car in his name for various reasons, mainly working for ford. But I had no problems when i was down there, they were all ncie enough, its jsut when you try to talk to them on the phone you find yourself being put through to some one else then put through to someone else. Problem sorted in the end with a re-calibration (touch wood). Take it you live in lisburn? what sorta fiesta you got?

Yeah was lisburn branch, im sorry but i dont know the sales man, relative bought the car in his name for various reasons, mainly working for ford. But I had no problems when i was down there, they were all ncie enough, its jsut when you try to talk to them on the phone you find yourself being put through to some one else then put through to someone else. Problem sorted in the end with a re-calibration (touch wood). Take it you live in lisburn? what sorta fiesta you got?

Not quite but close enough- Moira - that really is Gtr Belfast! I don't have mine yet - the build date is tomorrow:

Frozen White

Zetec 1.25 3dr

Auto headlights/rain sensing wipers

City Pack

Privacy Glass

bluetooth w/USB

Standard alloys but I'm more than happy!

Yeah I've found them to be very good I have to say just thought I'd find out what you thought of them!

Cheers

Peter

Beaty

I have posted previously on this one. It took two software upgrades before my Malfunction disappeared. I have had the powertrain module upgraded, and the dash control unit upgraded.

Good luck and hope your upgrade has sorted it.

Beaty

I have posted previously on this one. It took two software upgrades before my Malfunction disappeared. I have had the powertrain module upgraded, and the dash control unit upgraded.

Good luck and hope your upgrade has sorted it.

Cheers for the help, hopefully the first one there would have sorted it out, it doesent bother me much, i just dont like to drive on incase there is somthing wrong and i reck the engine lol!

Pistol pete - Cool im up in moria the odd time, gotta love the strech of carrigeway between it and lisburn :P! The car sounds klass, im quite sorry i didint get it in white tbh, but i didint think i could keep it clean lol! Plus i thout the blue reminded me a bit of the VXR corsa:P

Cheers for the help, hopefully the first one there would have sorted it out, it doesent bother me much, i just dont like to drive on incase there is somthing wrong and i reck the engine lol!

Pistol pete - Cool im up in moria the odd time, gotta love the strech of carrigeway between it and lisburn :P! The car sounds klass, im quite sorry i didint get it in white tbh, but i didint think i could keep it clean lol! Plus i thout the blue reminded me a bit of the VXR corsa:P

Haha yes mate but you don't want reminded of a Corsa imho! The Fiesta is MUCH nicer!

Each to their own of course but I think when Vauxhall released its latest iteration of the Corsa they should've dropped the name, much like they discontinued the Vectra and now we have the Insignia.

Corsa's to be just seem to have this rep of falling into the hands of the Omniplex car park crew (Lisburn people will know what I mean!) - strap on a loud exhaust, tint the windows all round, debadge it lower it and race through town at 50 MPH - the prerequisites!

Sorry I'm not trying to hate on people modding cars at all, but youknow the ones I mean; I just like the car to modified in a classy way - like some on here - Dan's/yours and others. Subtle touches that don't make it look like you want a police caution. Old BMW 3 series are another one that fall victim to this - huge ridiculous-looking spoilers put on them etc etc.

Hope you have the malfunction error sorted, post when you get it back to let us know.

Peter

Haha yes mate but you don't want reminded of a Corsa imho! The Fiesta is MUCH nicer!

Each to their own of course but I think when Vauxhall released its latest iteration of the Corsa they should've dropped the name, much like they discontinued the Vectra and now we have the Insignia.

Corsa's to be just seem to have this rep of falling into the hands of the Omniplex car park crew (Lisburn people will know what I mean!) - strap on a loud exhaust, tint the windows all round, debadge it lower it and race through town at 50 MPH - the prerequisites!

Sorry I'm not trying to hate on people modding cars at all, but youknow the ones I mean; I just like the car to modified in a classy way - like some on here - Dan's/yours and others. Subtle touches that don't make it look like you want a police caution. Old BMW 3 series are another one that fall victim to this - huge ridiculous-looking spoilers put on them etc etc.

Hope you have the malfunction error sorted, post when you get it back to let us know.

Peter

HAHA, yeah. The corsas are such a bad build quality, but i still like the look of them. And as for the car park crew lol, i went once to show off the car after a detail but that would be it. Also my mate has a corsa, loud exhaust, window tints, white wheels. lol!!!! And i agree with the suttle styling tips, IMO it makes it look alot better in the end of the day with lots of tiny mods rather than big, stupid looking ones.

Mines been fine but today started up and its idle is all over the place and engine malfunction and service warning lights on turn it off and back on its ok but engine light stays on going back to ford tomorrow

im sure its got sumthing to do with the DFP if your doing loads of short runs on and off all the time

thanks for this yes i do alot of sort runs did 4 today any ideas what for do to fix it

Mines hopefully going in next week for (i think) the 5th time to be looked at due to the engine malfunction warning coming on.

Doesn't matter whether I do long runs or not, every other day the light seems to come on. Also the seat belt light comes on if I have the seat set above a certain position, so that needs looking at too. (2nd time it will be going in for that)

well they found my problem faulty throttle body but had not got it in stock so it goes back on friday

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread - sorry ... but i got the dreaded engine malfunction warning message today .....Researching all the posts it seemed to be cured by a ecu reset a few times....

I went to a Ford garage today and without looking/checking at it the service guy said it is definitley because where i bought it from they didnt reset the service memory when they serviced it 3 months ago???? is there any way i can check this on the dash menu?? They wanted £40 for the pleasure....

i know on my old car it had a countdown service menu...

I'm taking it back at the weekend to were i bought it too see what they say