Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Keyless System Change (New Fobs)

boylin

My MK4 mondeo was stolen, and has been recovered today with just a broken window. So i'm going to repair it myself to save my no claims.

They stole it with the common push start hack, with cloning a key fob. So i'm worried they can come back and simply use the cloned key to take it again.

My question is, what would be needed to change the key fobs to different ones so they can't use their cloned fob to unlock the car again?

Thanks

As far as I'm aware you would have to take it to the dealer. You would then have to pay for two new keys plus them coding to the car. My worry would be that it would be the same code as before anyway. As the code in the car would be exactly the same. Plus it will cost a small fortune!!! The cheaper option at around £100 would be to by a proper disc lock for the steering wheel. No matter if they have a cloned key your mondeo won't be going anywhere in a hurry. But tbf if they have smashed the window it is more likely that it was the obd port that has been hacked not a cloned key. As if they cloned a key it would also open the doors via remote. In either situation they won't touch it with a disc lock so that is your best bet if you asked me. 

• Like 1

I'd agree it sounds like they hacked the OBD if the window was broken.

Your best bet is to secure the OBD port, I have done it on all my cars with keyless start.

I also have a disklok that I use if I'm ever leaving my car out of eyesight.

I thought they hacked the OBD port to unlock the doors and disable the alarm, then they create a new key fob to start inside the car and drive it away?

my concern is that they now have a matching (cloned) fob from when they stole the car. So they can come back and simply unlock the car using their fob and drive it away, with no alarm or window smashing this time.

Would it be as simple as replacing the immobiliser ECU along with the paired key fobs, or am i correct in thinking that the entire car needs some kind of reprogramming to swap the immobiliser units over?

If you get this sorted with new keys, remove the fuse for the OBD port - it will slow them down, hopefully long enough to get caught in the act!

bl**dy thieves!! Chop their hands off!

I'd take it to Ford and have them unlink all keys and pair with just the ones you have in your possession.

Every time I see these threads, I worry a little more for my own car! Surely it can't be beyond Ford (and other manufacturers) to disable the OBD port when the vehicle is locked. Instead customers have to take their own measures, in order to ensure they have a car to go to work in in the morning.

In any case, I have 'taken measures' to ensure that it's more difficult to get my car to Romania! :ph34r:

• Like 1

If the OBD port was disabled when locked you'd be stuffed if you ever lost both keys.

14 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I'd take it to Ford and have them unlink all keys and pair with just the ones you have in your possession.

I have a modified Op-Com, can i do this myself?

Also, I've just purchased these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112112916911

I simply moved my obd port out of its housing ( focus mk2.5) & moved it away behind dash & got myself one hacked off a salvage car, placed it in its place for dummy purpose. My mate wired his dummy one to 12v feed so it would blow their cloning gadget. I dont know if it works. Also got myself a obd cable splitter so that i can hook up my scangauge ii housed in st225 pods housing & other port for obd use

Yunii

827784c0ad3c9f0fb189cc27eda856fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 04/09/2016 at 11:31 AM, boylin said:

I have a modified Op-Com, can i do this myself?

Also, I've just purchased these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112112916911

Not a 'modified Op-Com', that was for my old Vauxhall, sorry.

I mean i have a modified ELM-327. Can i deactivate the keys with this?

Also, i tried today to remove the push start button but it seems impossible and i can't access any wires anywhere. I was going to put a hidden switch on one of the power wires to the start button.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club