Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does a Fiesta ST3 lock if you walk away from the car without locking?

rodonnell

Hi All,

I apologise if this has been asked before. I recently bought a Fiesta ST3 and have quite bad anxiety when it comes to locking the car and can be quite forgetful sometimes. My question to you is does the car automatically lock if the fob is out of the car and I walk away from it or after a certain amount of time without the fob being in the car and the car being off?

Thankyou for any responses :)

I think my 64 plate Zetec S does this, when I was going to clean it the other day I forgot to lock it and around 30 seconds later it locked itself.

• Like 1

No.

Auto re-lock only happens if you unlock the car but do not open a door, then about 45 secs later it re-locks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No.

Auto re-lock only happens if you unlock the car but do not open a door, then about 45 secs later it re-locks.

This guy knows :smile:

Guys just be aware that the ST3 has Keyless Entry so I think he may mean he's got out of the car, closed the door, walked away and hoping it to lock.

If so I believe you have to press the little black button on the handle which locks it buddy?

The Fiesta ST3 has powefold mirrors so (unless you've disabled them) you should always have visual confirmation that the car is locked. As stated above, the only way the car will automatically lock itself is if you unlock it but don't open a door.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club