Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Can't get the key fobs to work on the car

Luke2016

I have a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 petrol, I went out today to get in my car but both of my fob keys don't unlock the car doors, so I undone the car with the key which then set of the cars alarm. So once I stopped the alarm going of I plugged in my diagnostic laptop and it come up with a fault code which was B2090 Remote key entry data line failure. I was just wondering what I had to change, fix or repair. Thanks

2 hours ago, Luke2016 said:

fault code which was B2090 Remote key entry data line failure. I was just wondering what I had to change, fix or repair.

On the drawing, the data line from the remote receiver is a white wire from the receiver to C98 pin 6 on the Passenger fuse box (aka GEM or BCM).

I have heard that the remote receiver is mounted in the roof, near one of the interior lights. But on some models (I think pre 2006), it is integral within the GEM.

The other two wires to the receiver are ground and +12v via F102 (Though this fuse also powers other stuff like the a/c switch)

You could try to see if it will go into key learn mode (the ign on 4 times in 6 sec to get a chime procedure).

There is some talk that the unit can get disabled, and need re-enabling by IDS or maybe by Forscan or ELMConfig.

See: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-ford/7k87a-ford-focus-desperate-solve-problem-remote.html