Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 7.5 Display Advice

alexwarren123

Hi All,

I am looking to change the display on my 2013 Zetec mk 7.5. I currently have the blue back-lit screen and am looking to upgrade to the colour display used in the titaniums, STs and newer models. 

I was wondering whether I would be able to purchase just the screen to work with the existing system (2013, Sync, BT+USB), or would need the new fascia (recessed OK button) and the compatible silver box to make this work.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

now this is a good idea might try it myself but having no knowledge of the compatibility cant help you there. i hope someone can come back to you with a answer the standard blue is bit tacky IMO.

i done this in my girlfriends car 63 reg fiesta with blue screen. kept the radio and fascia then bought a high mfd screen began with c1bt and it was manufactured in 2014 but the surround  that goes over the screen is different. 10 minute job at most to do and everything works as it should.

And it was just plug and play? Where would i get the fascia from too?

oh right sounds like a easy enough job, wheres the best place to buy it from @Typhoonf2 and did you have to modify the trim it goes into. do you have any pictures to show how it looks please.

hi. yes its just plug and play. i bought the screen from eBay but i bought the surround from ford (about £48) as its different with the colour screen than the blue screen one. if you look at yours its curved at the sides where the colour one is square. the part number for it is 1804229. its held in by 6 clips you just pop them off. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

thats lucky haha i was going to wrap my surround but glad i havnt now i know this ill wrap the new one whenever i do it haha.

if you look at the colour screen it has a metal frame around it so if you used the surround from your car because its curved at the sides it doesnt hide it where the other one does.

image.png

• Like 1

Have you got a picture with the colour screen working in place of the standard display? Just wondered what the screen/menus would look like on the standard stereo.

• Like 1

Great, thanks for the advice.

I'll order one in the next few weeks or so and will make a guide.

That looks really good way better than the standard blue ill be definetly doing this. 

• 5 months later...

@Typhoonf2 is it possible to swap to the colour screen but use the old surround? does everything else clip and fit in properly apart from the metal frame being exposed?

if everything fits and clips in properly using the existing surround i'm thinking of just plastidipping the metal frame on the colour screen unit.

I have a 2016 Titanium with the Sony stereo system that I will be removing soon, so the system will be available, if interested send me a pm.

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2016 at 6:38 PM, Typhoonf2 said:

image.png

Hi, I know I’m late to the party but does the serial number of the screen have any affect, does it need to be a certain type? 

If I remember correctly I just looked on eBay for a fiesta radio with the colour screen with the manufacture date on the back which was close enough to the date on the black screen I replaced.

2 hours ago, Typhoonf2 said:

If I remember correctly I just looked on ebay for a fiesta radio with the colour screen with the manufacture date on the back which was close enough to the date on the black screen I replaced.

Thanks for replying, I have tried one display already which was the same year but newer (8 months) than my display which worked but caused my car battery to drain. I’ve now purchased a very slightly older display (two months difference) so I’ll give that a go.