Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Repairs cost

RB86

Hi everyone

I just did this to my car (see pic). Stupid of me. How much would this cost to repair? what parts am I needing to be repaired here and how do I get it looking like new? (this is my first car in a long time and so I am pretty much a novice). It is a Ford Fiesta Zetec (2014). 

Any advice much appreciated, I would rather know what I am looking for and not get ripped off in the process. So irritated at myself for doing this!

Thanks 

RB

image.jpg

I'd first get some T-Cut & Polish and work on removing the blue marks & scuffs, might not look as horrible then :wink:

By the looks of it you've also pushed in the bumper as there's a wide gap in the middle and the top doesn't align up straight, try looking around the inside wheel arch to see if you can straighten it a bit.

Looks a fairly easy repair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Lanc said:

I'd first get some T-Cut & Polish and work on removing the blue marks & scuffs, might not look as horrible then :wink:

By the looks of it you've also pushed in the bumper as there's a wide gap in the middle and the top doesn't align up straight, try looking around the inside wheel arch to see if you can straighten it a bit.

Looks a fairly easy repair.

Thanks Ian! I will do that. You were quite right about the bumper being pushed in and I have straightened it. Part of the reflector and plastic has come off the bumper too (sorry - not clear on photo) so it's a little more than just cosmetic damage. Any idea of a price range of the parts involved? 

Thanks again for your help :) 

Is the white a solid white or has it a clear lacquer top coat ? If it's a solid white the white will come off whilst using T-Cut.

A decent painter could fix it for around £100, it's not a big job unless it has metallic particles in the paint, if it has then the whole corner will need painting in, blending into the bumper, that'll bump the price up though. If you go for quotes go to several paint sprayers but stay away from big business's as they'll just see pound sounds and pull the wool over your eyes and quote you anything from £400 to £1000.

The red reflector can be found on eBay around £10, easy fix..... Ford will want about £20 odd quid from them so don't bother asking them.

Son has just had his Seat Ibiza full rear quarter re-painted after a building brick hit his car, its grey metallic and cost him £180 and even I can't spot the repair work, it's that good and it was one chap working in back street unit in Bulwell, so ask around who's mint at their work but don't rip folk off. 

I hate our Fiesta because of it's bad blind spots, worst car yet for me.

Do show pictures when you've T-Cutted it back ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club