Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused SatNav

paullaus

I have recently purchased a 2010 Focus Titanium 2.0L CDTi Automatic.  This model has the normal SatNav facility with data being held on a SD.  Whilst it correctly gives details for a requested route, when driving with the voice mode on, whenever I arrive at a road junction, the instructions become confusing e.g. "IN 15o YARDS TURN RIGHT" followed by when at the junction "TURN RIGHT LEFT". It appears it can't make up its mind which way to turn!  Anyone experienced this problem?  If so, what is the solution.  The SD is a genuine Ford issue dated 2010.  New to this forum so please bear with me if this has already been covered elsewhere.   Additionally, I cannot find a cigarette lighter on this model although the 12v outlet in the centre console is where I expected it to be!  Any ideas or is my age creeping up on me (80+)!!

4 hours ago, paullaus said:

I have recently purchased a 2010 Focus Titanium 2.0L CDTi Automatic.  This model has the normal SatNav facility with data being held on a SD.  Whilst it correctly gives details for a requested route, when driving with the voice mode on, whenever I arrive at a road junction, the instructions become confusing e.g. "IN 15o YARDS TURN RIGHT" followed by when at the junction "TURN RIGHT LEFT". It appears it can't make up its mind which way to turn!  Anyone experienced this problem?  If so, what is the solution.  The SD is a genuine Ford issue dated 2010.  New to this forum so please bear with me if this has already been covered elsewhere.   Additionally, I cannot find a cigarette lighter on this model although the 12v outlet in the centre console is where I expected it to be!  Any ideas or is my age creeping up on me (80+)!!

The Sat Nav issue I have no idea - when you say you don't now where the cigarette lighter are you talking about the actual lighter bit? That was an option iirc. Mine doesn't have lighter, just a cap.

• Like 1

You only get a lighter if you (or original owner if second hand) requested the 'smokers pack'.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Micro and Stoney871 for the info, much appreciated.  I now know not to search for a cigarette lighter when checking/inflating my tyres etc..  Re the SatNav, I am surprised that Ford do not have an upgrade facility to download new maps etc.  As they are associated with tomtom who do have that facility, I am most surprised by its absence. Maybe a later SD or CD will resolve the problem.

Thanks again..

Map updates are on the sd card if you buy a newer card. How many sattelites are you recieving?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club